3800 who here thinks.....

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by snoop@Oct 22 2004, 03:25 PM
.....the draft will be coming back. i heard that it is, and then i hear it is not. what all do you guys think. i personally dont care or for that matter have much of a choice do i :rolleyes: . but who thinks that it will be coming back.
[snapback]57765[/snapback]​

...Not in an election year!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by snoop@Oct 22 2004, 03:50 PM
no, i'm saying after whoever wins the election. do you think its coming back
[snapback]57768[/snapback]​

It's not coming back at least not anytime soon
The info you heard about a draft coming back is political propoganda by Kerry ..

Hell according to Kerry:
When Bush wins, the draft is coming back (try to sway young voters)
SSN will be privatized (try to sway older voters)
Bush owns a timber mill
The Flu Vaccine shortage is Bush's fault and if the company were halburtin Bush woulda done more (go after those with young children and those who are old or sick)

Kerry and his group have brought this up over and over... there was in fact a proposal introduced to bring back the draft in February of this year... guess who proposed it? Yup a Democrat ... it was proposed mearly to cause political unrest and basically trick people... guess how many people supported this proposal? In a vote it was 3 total yay votes...

Kerry brought this up before the debates... at the end of the first Debate Bush vs. Kerry Bush made it clear that under his presidency the Military will continue to be an All Volunteer Military

Then Kerry started bringing it up more in his recent trips to Iowa and Wisconsin, and again Bush has re-iterated that his Military will always be an ALL Volunteer Military ...

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
if anyone will bring it back it is Kerry with his 2 extra divisions. he goes on and on about how we are stretched too thin, and then says he will just make 2 divisions as if they didnt need men to run them.

IIRC only the national guard is having even slight difficulty meeting recruitment goals, wich makes sense if you think about it. those who arent joining now are those who would have joined in the past for the money hoping there wouldnt be a war. Now those who want the money know they will have to pay for it when they get out of school.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info