who doesnt like imports?

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
If every girl thought like your cool wife, then the whole "Streetable" thing would be rethought. The only reasons there are rules is because of women. Otherwise any self respecting man would be honored to go for a ride in an 8sec car. Loud? who cares, rough ride? Yeah, don't give a shit. No seats? (in my example) not a problem, i'll find something to sit on :rofl:

lol ok, but what about eagles car...slicks, no exhaust, prolly smells like c16 sometimes...he drives it quite often - so is his car not "streetable"? its pretty much the same thing except he has leather seats instead of kirky's...same with Jared's truck.. its loud, has a redicules stall, and has absolutely no interior except a kirky - what makes his truck and eagles car more streetable then my example?

jared and eagles car were the first to pop in my head - dont take offense boys...lol

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
the world streetable is about as opinionated as "bolt-ons" or "slightly modified"...its such a gray area.

my idea of streetable/streetdriven/streetlegal is not the techincal one that the NHRA rules state...

a car isn't streetable unless it retains all factory accessories (ac/heat/defrost/power windows and locks if it came factory)...retains all factory panels or similar (no fiberglass minus the hood...no lexan)...has full comforts that came with car (audio, nav, power seats, blah blah)...original interior or upgraded interior (like replacing stock seats with better comfy sparcos or shit...not bucket tin seats)...no weight reduction, has to run on 93 octane or worse (83, 91). meth injection is okay since its extra. the car has to be able to drive the full capacity of the gas tank (not cell...) without any extra effort (having to stop to let shit cool down etc etc).

and the car has to be able to go from thorndale to lower wacker on 290 at 5pm on friday evening in the summer without overheating, or stalling out. even once. with all acc's on that may be required (a/c, audio, shit like that)
anything that doesn't follow that rule is pretty much a car built for racing in however loose of the term.

Tuner World

The tech kid!!
Mar 8, 2009
Hoffman Estates
^Lol a lot of non-race cars can't even do that shit.

I think of street legal as you can drive your car on the street w/out worrying about the cops giving you a ticket for something. Obviously if they give you a ticket, it's not legal!

Eagle drives his car from where ever he lives to Lukes, that's pretty streetable. If it runs on the road w/out any problems and you don't have to trailer it everywhere like the cool guys at Strats do, it's pretty much considered "streetable"

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
^Lol a lot of non-race cars can't even do that shit.

lol...its sad that you're correct.

especially when that car that CAN'T do any of that shit belongs to some guy who's other car is his "race car".

mothafukkka...if you can't get your damn daily driver correct...why even bother trying to make a race car.

oh wells.

ur definition is the "commonplace" one as far as i know...but some people consider it to the extreme in either direction (as you saw by my ideas)

to each his/her own.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
:rofl: yeah my old ladys honda couldnt even stand the I90 traffic...is it sad i made my new turbo fit with A/C? lol Bob hates me for it

wow usually i hear the most complaints from people with american econoboxes...only time i heard a major complaint about a honda was when my friend's sister's fiance decided to drive her civic with the temp in the red and completely demolished the cylinder.

what a wonderful mechanic. you'd think that someone who spent 13 years "workin on cars" would know to pull over at that point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info