• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Who cuts brake rotors OFF car nowadays?

If your looking for street pads if you know the pad number you may be able to get NAPA to locate a version of ghier ADO pads. I use a lot on high end cars with brembo application calipers you just need the fmsi pad number or a set of old pads to match up. NOW dont get me wrong these are NOT race pads but the ADO (Adaptive One) use a proprietary dual friction set up, as in the inner pad is more aggressive but outer pad dusts less and neither squeals. ALSO dont forget to use a thin coat of silicone brKe lube on backs of pads and edges where they touch caliper, bra kets or mounts. I would recommend a good glass bead in the mounting area if rusted, then hit an Oreillys as they all have Accuturn one cut lathes. Other choice would be maybe look for a shop with a Pro-Cut or Hunter on car lathe, ex9ensive, yes but much better than other on car setups. And if you are looking at performance pads actually consult Brembo, I am sure they know more about thier products. But EBC, Hawk and Performance Friction all make decent pads but getting best ceramic, or ceramic/ metallic for best stopping but low dusting may take bit of research. Do the brakes have an OEM based application you could reference? For pads numbers basically. Good luck.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
I ended up getting them cut at O'reilly Auto parts for $12 a piece, and put on a fresh set of EBC Redstuff with the bedding compound on them. Car just finished the light duty 200 miles and is ready for the bedding procedure (60-10 stops, 5 times in a row, moving cooldown, complete cooldown, repeat 1x). After 1500 miles they should be at full potential.

Now I need to find the fuel delivery problem after the last dyno session.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info