3800 WHITE SOX

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
Konerko isn't gone, at least not yet. They are still trying to resign him. "In the process, the White Sox added a high-powered left-handed bat for their lineup, while keeping the door open for first baseman Paul Konerko to return via free agency." "The move in no means brings an end to the pursuit of Konerko, one of the higher profile free agents on the market. " These quotes were taken from the White Sox website. The addition of Thome pretty much means the end of Thomas' career in Chicago though.

S

sr71_rgl

I gotta figure Big Frank is a goner. Even if they sign him on the cheap he just isn't productive anymore. I hate to see Rowand go but no way the Sox will be able to keep everyone from last year. Especially a guy like Rowand who really upped his value this past season. Good luck to him and GO SOX...2 in ROW :D

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Very sad day for me.

ROwand was the epitome of grinder baseball.

THome is an overpriced OLD batter who was good in his day. but to me He is definately a downgrade. Might he have a break out year? possiby.
but Why have 2 frank thomas's?

ALso as much i would luv pierre on the SOX it wont happen (please let me be wrong)..!!

Our CF replacement will be Brian Anderson.. they have been grooming this kid for a while and I think he proved himself in the game against the kid phemon..when he rocked him for 2 homeruns..and played a stellar CF
Anderson brings..more power...more OBP and more speed than rowand. Defensively I thnk he has a better arm..and about as much range as rowand did..

WHo's next..
I swear if they get rid of crede.. Im thru with this team..LOL!!

I

imported_silverbullet

rowand plays good defend out in the field, but he's not a good hitter. i like thome he might be older but he is a good hitter that's what sox need. he was out last year cause of elbow injury that's nothing and he's healthy now. bet you didn't that sox was the only team in baseball that won MOST of their games by one point this year. if konerko stays and the rest of the team is healthy....maybe?? another champion?? i'm not really a sox fan but i like to see them do good beside i'm from chicago why not.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
First of all the Sox 1 run game record was 35-19 and their final overall record was 99-63. So 35% of their wins came from 1 run games. So your claim is wrong. At least if I'm understanding your claim correctly. It's pretty hard to understand your broken English. Rowand wasn't the greatest batter but that wasn't what the Sox were about this year. If power=championships how come they didn't win when they had Thomas, Konerko, Ordonez, and Lee in the same lineup? This Brian Anderson guy better be a super stud since we traded away player like Rowand. I dunno if I would have made such a drastic move right after they won the World Series...but maybe that's why Ken Williams makes the big $$$ and I don't.

I

imported_silverbullet

ok mr. quite frankly, like i said i'm not really a sox, look they had the best starter pitcher, and that's what give them the win, they never had garcia, contreras or the rookie jenks back then, that's why didn't do good. about that time thomas was going through divorce and injury that's why he's not hitting well, ordonez was injury and not getting alone with guillen that's why they got rid of him, lee was good power hitter but he slow out in the field that's they rid of him and singleton. they hope that clear my broken english.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Anderson is a freaking stud@ Beleive me when I say that.

Im really strating to like this left handed power hitter thing.. ANd Think of it Thome batting after Konerko... talk about protection..for konerko.. And i hearthome and konerko are good buds.. I wonder if this will make him want to stay now.

GOOD MONEY..
MORE PROTECTION AND BETTER PITCHES!! Which could lead to more OB% and POWER #'s..

Kenny i will never doubt you again..LOL!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info