Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
69Nice 69Nice
225?! Damn. I guess that's (arguably) one of the few good things about being in a state where they run the liquor stores. Pricing is set at the state level.

KC Smoked Maple is awesome if you like sweet stuff. It's definitely one of my 'dessert' boozes. I haven't tried it on ice yet, always just neat. To really give it the "pancake topping flair", I will mix it with Brown Sugar Bourbon (BSB is what the label shows it as in big letters) in a 50/50 mix... and hot damn is that tasty. There isn't much character to either one, the smoked maple and brown sugar sweetness rolls over everything, just a hint of 'oh, this is booze' at the very start and very finish.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Been awhile since I’ve made this…. My favorite drink. Any guesses?

IMG_2625.jpeg

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
Yeah, I'd have to guess a Boulevardier, too. I don't recognize the third bottle, but Campari and Basil Hayden are obvious. The only cocktail I know with those two things is the Boulevardier.

Today was fun for me. There is a bar in town I hadn't been to yet, because at night it's one of the local hotspots, so too crowded (and much too loud) for my tastes. But a Saturday afternoon/early evening? Nice and chill.
Opened up with a neat Jefferson's. I've had 'Ocean' from two voyages and liked it (though wary of trying others after seen reviews on some of the other voyages).
Had 16 ounces (on tap) of "Downeast" Blacberry Cider. This was awesome.
Another Jefferson's, this time with a little water and a normal drink cube, very good with that tiny bit of water/chill.
A can of "Blake's Cider" Triple Jam. I didn't like it as much as the Downeast blackberry.
Jefferson's on ice. This is not the kind of bar that has big cubes, so it was a lot of small cubes. I didn't like it as much this way.
Had the houses "spicy margarita" -- now the effort they put into these is impressive. They juice fruits daily, they make their own honey/habenero infusion for this drink, no manufactured sweet/sours. It was really good, definitely going to keep this in mind. I did upscale it with Casamigo's Repasado. This place has a wide range of "Aristocrat" liquors... which in my opinion are terrible and what they normally use in their margaritas. The bartender tried to talk me out of the upgrade, and I was like "nope." Their first step up was to Jose Cuervo. Let's you know just how cheap/bad Aristocrat is. lol
Finished with a "Original Sin" Black Widow cider, which is another blackberry cider. It was okay, still not as good as Downeast.

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
Nice. I ducked into the liquor store this past Saturday, got there at 9:15. They had 3 bottles of Blantons. They were gone with the first three customers (stuff like that is 1 per person). Found out those people had been there since 8:30. Jeez.

They did have about 8 bottles of BT left, so I got one of those for 32.95 (also a 1 per person). Later that day, a friend called them, they were out of it of course.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Had about a pours worth of Copper Still left (forgot I even still had this :ROFLMAO: ) so I'm finishing that up now. Later on tonight might try and finish off my BT (dont worry, got another bottle already so I wont be without)

my goal this weekend is to finish up all these almost empty bottles I've got sittin around. Cuz everyone needs to have goals.

Reactions: 69Nice

Thread Info