Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
What's comparable to/better than Macallan but less money? My buddy is a whiskey drinker and I want to get a bottle in my bar for him.
If you’re looking for a scotch, my favorite budget option is Glenfiddich 12. Can be found around $40-$50 a bottle.

If you’re looking for a whisky, Buffalo Trace, wild Turkey 101, Four Roses is pretty universally accepted as good stuff.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Mook Mook

Next time you see this, on point

1.png

Reactions: Mook

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
What's comparable to/better than Macallan but less money? My buddy is a whiskey drinker and I want to get a bottle in my bar for him.
Glenlivet 12 yr is good and fairly cheap at like $35, a small step below Macallan's base scotch.

I used to drink Macallan 15 and 18, and got turned off scotch completely when i started drinking bourbon.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
After the day I had today, I had to bust into the Legent tonight.

n4pyA1i.jpg

Literally only taken a few sips so far, but its not bad. Not bad at all. Kinda sweet up front, due to being finished in sherry and wine casks, but a little more bite on the back end, but nothing harsh. Still quite smooth overall. This aint bad. And it was only like $38 after my 10% WOTM discount. Trying to decide if I like this more than the Grangestone I had last month that was finished in cognac barrels. Cuz that one was really good. I'd actually get that one again.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
So. Went a LITTLE crazy today at total wine.

g57pVZk.jpg

The Legent is Februarys whiskey of the month, so I had to pick that one up, because my new years resolution is to get every whiskey of the month offering this year since I slacked last year and only went for like 2 or 3 :ROFLMAO: But this one is interesting, because its actually a collab between a whiskey maker from Jim Beam, and a whiskey maker from Suntory. So basically its described as a kentucky straight bourbon thats been finished in ex sherry and wine casks. Should be on the milder side but I'm excited about this one.

Then buffalo trace, because buffalo trace.

And the peanut butter whiskey for making fun abominations.

And also beer.

If only I could just lock myself in my house for the next week or 2..........
SO… there’s a brewery in downtown Mesa called 12 West. They had a PB stout on tap a few month back and I dropped a shot of Skrewball into it. Holy fuck was that delicious.

How’s that Skatter Brain? Pretty similar to Skrewball?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
SO… there’s a brewery in downtown Mesa called 12 West. They had a PB stout on tap a few month back and I dropped a shot of Skrewball into it. Holy fuck was that delicious.

How’s that Skatter Brain? Pretty similar to Skrewball?

I've never had skrewball, but I imagine they'd be similar. Especially when you're mixing it w/ other stuff. That PB stout boilermaker sounds amazing tho :love:

Reactions: ChrisRac

Thread Info