McKenna 10 with a big ball FTW
20230124_212906.jpg

Reactions: IDAFC21

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
Honestly, it is hit or miss with what bottle you get. It's a single barrel so you get different variations in the bottles.

That is one of the biggest issues I have with single barrels. I've gotten lucky with Booker's "Tag-a-long batch" bottles, I've had bottles from three different months over two years and it's been very consistent. I don't recall if the label said what barrel they were out of, just month/year of bottling, so it's possible that the two bottles from the same year were out of the same barrel??

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
do those things actually stay as cold as ice cubes do and for as long? I always think about picking up a set to try them out. But I never do. :LOL:
It was my first time ?
Ya, They work fine and don't water down the Boooooooooooooooz... Hahaha

Most of the bourbon I don't need ice or those frozen stones. But some of the stuff like Dickel needs to chill❄️

I'm actually ok not chilling Benchmark but I wanted to try out the stones.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Honestly, it is hit or miss with what bottle you get. It's a single barrel so you get different variations in the bottles.
Good thing I have 2 :ROFLMAO:. Seems Wild Turkey and Buffalo Trace do a pretty good job of keeping the profile consistent in single barrels. Blanton's is pretty consistent as is Kentucky Spirit. HH might now be as good. Everyone raves about EW SiB and the one I have is not good.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
my god damn google feed is starting to enable my alcoholism :LOL: Anyone ever had one of these? Sounds quite interesting.

Picked up supplies to try this out this weekend. Most recipes say you can pretty much make this drink with whatever bourbon and coffee liqueur you want, but a lot of recipes call for a rye or at least something w/ some spice to it, so I'm giving this a shot. Copper Still single barrel.

PXL_20220923_150203525.PORTRAIT-scaled.jpg

It has SOME rye in it, and the description made it sound PERFECT for a drink like this

This bourbon is made from sweet Indiana corn and a hint of spicy rye to give it a perfect balance of sweetness and spice. The nose begins with a hint of vanilla and orange which gives way to flavors of toffee, caramel, and chocolate.

For the coffee liqueur I went w/ Mr Black because I've always wanted to try this stuff out, but never have for some reason, so this is the perfect opportunity

IMG-1058_1200x1600.jpg

As for the finishing touch for this drink, flaming an orange peel oil over a lit match........ We'll see how that one goes :LOL: I'm usually not one for garnishes, but I've read that can make or break this drink.

This is how I will start my weekend tomorrow night.

Reactions: Spivitz

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
lol, I remember seeing beers on the shelf that talked about being aged in bourbon barrels. I guess turn about is fair play?

I'm not a beer guy in general. I have found so few beers I actually enjoy, and only a couple I can tolerate (with food). So I'm consciously biased against this.
Mook Mook and I were just talking about the Jameson that’s aged in Anti-Hero barrels. It was amazing.

Reactions: Mook

Thread Info