Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
No clue what possessed me to go out and spend this kind of coin the other day.

View attachment 147272
Probably the smoothest whisky Ive ever drank. Followed not far behind by Hibiki.

Not overly "strong" but so smooth. To the point of being dangerous, because it has no real bite or anything to tell you otherwise. My word.

69Nice

Rainman
Sep 4, 2020
CO
Probably the smoothest whisky Ive ever drank. Followed not far behind by Hibiki.

Not overly "strong" but so smooth. To the point of being dangerous, because it has no real bite or anything to tell you otherwise. My word.
The best part is finding one you really like- part of me dislikes some of the whiskey culture because of the snobs (similar to wine fuckers). Everybody has a different palate- just have to figure out what works best for you.

I’m afraid to start trying scotch again…$$$

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The best part is finding one you really like- part of me dislikes some of the whiskey culture because of the snobs (similar to wine fuckers). Everybody has a different palate- just have to figure out what works best for you.

I’m afraid to start trying scotch again…$$$
I have a peasant pallette and I love Jameson, so my palette is far from cultured. But I've been trying to branch out. For the most part, price does not automatically equal better. Usually far from it, but in this case... Lord Jesus.

Reactions: blue-sun and BS ISF

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Been looking for this for a little while.

9F878229-59D5-4637-873A-FC180FDCAC8D.jpeg

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
I have a peasant pallet and I love Jameson, so my palette is far from cultured. But I've been trying to branch out. For the most part, price does not automatically equal better. Usually far from it, but in this case... Lord Jesus.
He is right with good scotch. It is a way quicker dive IMO. Been a bourbon guy since 1998. Played college baseball in KY and got hooked on bourbon. Came back and chugged a bottle of Blue. Then got the taste for really good scotch. Acquired taste and gets expensive really quick. Finding a bourbon that I love for half the price of that scotch worked. I see a bottle of really good, not full of moss, scotch and bye bye.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If I wasn't building a motor, I'd take a gamble on throwing money out the window.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
If I wasn't building a motor, I'd take a gamble on throwing money out the window.

There is no whiskey worth more than $150 IMO.

Thread Info