Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Loves me some 4 ?’s SB but are you mixing it with Ginger Ale? Tell me more!!
Yup! Whiskey Ginger is my go-to if I want something to sip on for a few hours. The ginger ale compliments the whiskey nicely and doesn’t hide it or sweeten it too much like a lot of mixers / soda.

Give it a try sometime!

Reactions: Trinten

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
Standard 2oz pour, with ginger ale and some ice? Nothing else?
Exactly! I saw the post with his picture of ginger ale and the bourbon and was like "yup, I'm in good company". It's great. Much 'softer' than doing the same with Ginger beer, but if you like a little more bite, that's worth a try, too.

I picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch Select. It was $45, so thought it was worth the gamble. I won't be trying it for a few weeks, it's technically a gift, I'll just make sure I'm there to try some when he opens it. :)

Reactions: Caleb515

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Popped this tonight. Had the rye and 10 year whistle before, but never this stuff.

20221126_164933.jpg

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
In my opinion (of course) Old Forester has some variations that are good in different ways. They have a "bottled in bond" prohibition style that is good with ice or in an old fashioned or manhattan. The 1920 is excellent neat.

To those of you in the Chicagoland area that can manage to hunt down bottles of E.H. Taylor - I will be out that way next year around July (and specifically in the Aurora area and traveling down to Joliet and Plainsfield). If anyone is willing to get a bottle or two to hold onto for that long, I will reimburse you for the bottle plus $100 (yes, you read correctly) for each of the bottles (two maximum). So if it costs you 100 per bottle, and you get two of them, I will hand you four Benjamin's.

For proof is in the pudding, if you get them, I will paypal you the cost of the bottles right away, so it's a zero risk to you. If my plans change, that's on me, you get to keep the bottles and the money.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
In my opinion (of course) Old Forester has some variations that are good in different ways. They have a "bottled in bond" prohibition style that is good with ice or in an old fashioned or manhattan. The 1920 is excellent neat.

To those of you in the Chicagoland area that can manage to hunt down bottles of E.H. Taylor - I will be out that way next year around July (and specifically in the Aurora area and traveling down to Joliet and Plainsfield). If anyone is willing to get a bottle or two to hold onto for that long, I will reimburse you for the bottle plus $100 (yes, you read correctly) for each of the bottles (two maximum). So if it costs you 100 per bottle, and you get two of them, I will hand you four Benjamin's.

For proof is in the pudding, if you get them, I will paypal you the cost of the bottles right away, so it's a zero risk to you. If my plans change, that's on me, you get to keep the bottles and the money.
What EH did you want, the small batch? I can pick a bottle or two up for you at cost, no worries about the ridiculous markup. Right in the Aurora area too.

Reactions: Shawn1112

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
That would be amazing! Thank you so much. Yes if you can get the small batch, that's what my buddy thinks is ambrosia. Please drop me a message with what I owe you and where I can paypal the money!

Thanks again!

PM sent, and no worries, can pay in cash when you want to pick one or two up.

Reactions: Trinten

Thread Info