Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Was gifted this, and for that price it’s great Bourbon. But for what it’s going for it’s way overrated.

B3898C74-44F3-453D-94C4-CF8D9FAAAEBD.jpeg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I agree, cool looking bottle. I have not tried any Dickel products.....
I am a huge fan of the entire Dickel line but that’s an unpopular opinion around whiskey snobs. Some people get a mineral or “flintstone vitamin” taste from it. #12 makes for a great mixer with coke and Tobasco is amazing in a bloody mary. Their BIB is 13 year age stated and I would put it up against any other BIB bourbon. Speaking of which their 8 year bourbon is an absolute steal at $35. It’s my go to if I’m heading to a party or sitting around a fire sipping. It’s readily available and at that price point if I leave it behind I’m not salty. Also makes great old fashioneds. I want to pick up their 15 year single barrel, which has won a few awards in ‘21, but it is around $70.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The smoked mapel isn't bad. VERY heavy on the mapel flavor too. Makes you want breakfast. But I didn't care for the basic 9 year one.
I'll eventually grab a bottle of the maple as well. I thought the basic 9 year was just ok. I have heard the 12 and 15 are much better and with the price of this bottle I sure hope so.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Decided to go local and picked up a bottle of this last week. Had some over the weekend. It's not bad. Really smooth, almost no harshness. Didn't blow me away, but its certainly drinkable.

13940151222302.png

Sippin on more of this tonight. It's just been one of those fuckin days today. Actually almost finished w/ this bottle. Need to go pick up my next adventure tomorrow after work probably.

Reactions: boostedguy05

Thread Info