Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I'm gonna be the guy that gets grilled here as usual, but what about skrewball?

While I do prefer a well made peanut butter and chocolate whiskey old fashioned, they refer to them as peanut butter cup at my bosses drinking establishment and tastes like a reeses with a lil bite, I could drink that ish straight out of the bottle.

Just got a bottle. It's not bad but I haven't had it straight yet. Mixed it into some craft beers that sounded like they could have used a hint of peanut butter

Reactions: sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Picked up some Shin 10 year tonight.

PXL_20210116_211529715.PORTRAIT-1024x768.jpg

Wanted to compare it to the Shimauta 10 year I had (notice past tense) since they're both the same price. I really liked the Shimauta but this seems to have better reviews, so we will see. Perhaps I'll crack it open tomorrow night.

Cracked this open tonight. And............yeah its good. Initial bite is very oaky but gives way to a sweeter finish, but smooth all the way through. I like it.

Reactions: Mook

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I'm gonna be the guy that gets grilled here as usual, but what about skrewball?

While I do prefer a well made peanut butter and chocolate whiskey old fashioned, they refer to them as peanut butter cup at my bosses drinking establishment and tastes like a reeses with a lil bite, I could drink that ish straight out of the bottle.
Whatever you like to drink is good enough. For years American Honey then Tennessee Honey was my jam. It took me almost 20 years of trying to actually enjoy bourbon neat.

Reactions: sktchy

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Mellow corn will make a decent mixer, TX is a vanilla bomb. Enjoying some money shoulder to end the night.

Rant time: Went to 2 local liquor stores hunting today. Had a bottle of EH Taylor BIB in my hands till I asked for the price. $99…. It’s a $40 bottle. I get it’s rare but come the fuck on. Same place had Weller Special Reserve that I paid $28 at Binny’s for, priced at $79. I didn’t even ask what they charge for standard Buffalo Trace.
2nd place had Buffalo Trace Kosher Wheated, another $40-50 bottle. $89… This is secondary market prices. People are paying these prices though and these liquor stores are raping the uninformed.

Reactions: boostedguy05

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Mellow corn will make a decent mixer, TX is a vanilla bomb. Enjoying some money shoulder to end the night.

Rant time: Went to 2 local liquor stores hunting today. Had a bottle of EH Taylor BIB in my hands till I asked for the price. $99…. It’s a $40 bottle. I get it’s rare but come the fuck on. Same place had Weller Special Reserve that I paid $28 at Binny’s for, priced at $79. I didn’t even ask what they charge for standard Buffalo Trace.
2nd place had Buffalo Trace Kosher Wheated, another $40-50 bottle. $89… This is secondary market prices. People are paying these prices though and these liquor stores are rapping the uninformed.

Which is why I told the guy that wanted $112 for eagle rare to put it right the fuck back.

Thread Info