Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Whiskey night last night. I used my Christmas money and Binny’s gift cards. They had Weller Special Reserve so that was a bit of a score. Picked up the 1910 as well and not pictured a Binny’s pick Jack Single Barrel.

9AA503C6-A59C-4A28-B0DD-61512707CB79.jpeg

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Free program from makers. Answer some simple questions and they put your name on a barrel and then once it's ready you are given an offer to buy a bottle. Plus send you a little ambassador care package.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Free program from makers. Answer some simple questions and they put your name on a barrel and then once it's ready you are given an offer to buy a bottle. Plus send you a little ambassador care package.

Done and thanks for posing this!!

Reactions: boostedguy05

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
We opened the Talisker at my buddy's party tonight. I'm not a big whisky fan but I thought it was strongly flavored with a lot of nuance. Plenty of fruity nose and flavor and a bit of smokiness. A little briny if that makes sense.

My buddy enjoyed it although he was already pretty blitzed and added an ice cube to his to tone it down. I could learn to drink it. It's better than most of the whiskys I have tried before.

Reactions: Lead Pipe

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Where you finding that to pour it everyday?
LMFAO, not everyday as in i drink everyday, but my go-to stuff that i usually have on hand. Same with buffalo trace and eagle rare and weller, i consider all that stuff everyday bourbon that i drink often

Then you have special occasion stuff like Pappys.

Reactions: Lead Pipe

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
LMFAO, not everyday as in i drink everyday, but my go-to stuff that i usually have on hand. Same with buffalo trace and eagle rare and weller, i consider all that stuff everyday bourbon that i drink often

Then you have special occasion stuff like Pappys.

I can't find any of those around here. Only seen eagle rare once and the store wanted $112 for it.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Picked up a bottle of Bulliet Rye since I’ve really been getting into Ginger and Rye as my mixed drink of choice lately. A bottle of Evan Williams single barrel caught my eye at $28 and it was a staff pick. Drinking Michters American Whiskey tonight and don’t know if I’ll switch just yet.

2A2C6EB2-3C87-4884-8AB6-CBD5AB26A3EA.jpeg

Reactions: GTPpower

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I can't find any of those around here. Only seen eagle rare once and the store wanted $112 for it.
Just bought some ER Wednesday for $30 at the Binnys by me, they get deliveries on Wednesdays and Fridays once a month from Buffalo Trace, and i usually get a heads up when they do. They're gone typically within 30 minutes to an hour once they get delivery of them, so yea, it is a bit of a PITA trying to find them if you dont have a connection.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I'm gonna be the guy that gets grilled here as usual, but what about skrewball?

While I do prefer a well made peanut butter and chocolate whiskey old fashioned, they refer to them as peanut butter cup at my bosses drinking establishment and tastes like a reeses with a lil bite, I could drink that ish straight out of the bottle.

Thread Info