Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
had me a couple of tall glasses of Wellers reserve this past weekend. A little sharper than Basil, but very similar. enjoyed it
Basil is a weak bourbon IMO. Not bad tasting, but it doesn't have the kick most bourbons have because it's such low proof. Wellers is great for the price, much better. 107 or full proof is where it's at with Wellers.

Reactions: ragingclue

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Been on this kick for a couple weeks.
20200707_182010.jpg

Reactions: Spivitz

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I have been really liking the double oaked bourbon's lately. Woodford Double Oaked maybe the best bourbon I have had. It has a sweet, maple initial taste and finishes smooth with hints of chocolate. Though the Beam is quite a bit cheaper and flatter by comparison it is still a very pleasant sipper. The bourbon that surprised me the least was Dickel's 8 your bourbon. It's really a Tennessee whiskey that has picked up more oaky and vanilla notes from aging. It's the least surprising because I love Tennessee whiskey in general, I'm a big fan of Dickel and I fully expected to love this new batch as well. For $35/ bottle it's worth buying a couple. You can see how low I am.
I also was gifted a bottle of New Riff and it has been delicious as well. I think I have hit my stride in bourbon appreciation and now am starting to pick up the intricate flavors as well as being able to enjoy lower proof offerings neat. Next on my list to snag is Four Roses small batch and Old Forrester 1910.

2D1E8D64-681E-4E75-89B5-07EB71B18375.jpeg

Reactions: BS ISF

Thread Info