Whiskey drinkers unite!

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be the guy that gets grilled here as usual, but what about skrewball?

While I do prefer a well made peanut butter and chocolate whiskey old fashioned, they refer to them as peanut butter cup at my bosses drinking establishment and tastes like a reeses with a lil bite, I could drink that ish straight out of the bottle.

Just got a bottle. It's not bad but I haven't had it straight yet. Mixed it into some craft beers that sounded like they could have used a hint of peanut butter

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Picked up some Shin 10 year tonight.

PXL_20210116_211529715.PORTRAIT-1024x768.jpg

Wanted to compare it to the Shimauta 10 year I had (notice past tense) since they're both the same price. I really liked the Shimauta but this seems to have better reviews, so we will see. Perhaps I'll crack it open tomorrow night.

Cracked this open tonight. And............yeah its good. Initial bite is very oaky but gives way to a sweeter finish, but smooth all the way through. I like it.

Lead Pipe

See what happens Larry
Reaction score
I'm gonna be the guy that gets grilled here as usual, but what about skrewball?

While I do prefer a well made peanut butter and chocolate whiskey old fashioned, they refer to them as peanut butter cup at my bosses drinking establishment and tastes like a reeses with a lil bite, I could drink that ish straight out of the bottle.
Whatever you like to drink is good enough. For years American Honey then Tennessee Honey was my jam. It took me almost 20 years of trying to actually enjoy bourbon neat.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Reaction score
Honestly there are several, all depends on you taste. I Widow Jane is phenom for the price. Also if u can scoop it EH Taylor. I managed to grab one from Jewel for $46 WIN!

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I just don't like it harsh with the initial sip.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
There’s a ton of good stuff under $100 if you aren’t paying secondary prices. My favorite for the price is Makers 46.

Lead Pipe

See what happens Larry
Reaction score
Bought the TX because of Yellowstone, bought the Yellow Corn because of hipsters.

5D857B5B-092F-47D1-B9C2-FF808D2CB59C.jpeg

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Double Oaked is solid for sure.

Other half cam home with 2 angles and this middle one. Hahaha. Never heard of it but will try at a later date.
20220120_182732.jpg

Lead Pipe

See what happens Larry
Reaction score
Mellow corn will make a decent mixer, TX is a vanilla bomb. Enjoying some money shoulder to end the night.

Rant time: Went to 2 local liquor stores hunting today. Had a bottle of EH Taylor BIB in my hands till I asked for the price. $99…. It’s a $40 bottle. I get it’s rare but come the fuck on. Same place had Weller Special Reserve that I paid $28 at Binny’s for, priced at $79. I didn’t even ask what they charge for standard Buffalo Trace.
2nd place had Buffalo Trace Kosher Wheated, another $40-50 bottle. $89… This is secondary market prices. People are paying these prices though and these liquor stores are raping the uninformed.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Mellow corn will make a decent mixer, TX is a vanilla bomb. Enjoying some money shoulder to end the night.

Rant time: Went to 2 local liquor stores hunting today. Had a bottle of EH Taylor BIB in my hands till I asked for the price. $99…. It’s a $40 bottle. I get it’s rare but come the fuck on. Same place had Weller Special Reserve that I paid $28 at Binny’s for, priced at $79. I didn’t even ask what they charge for standard Buffalo Trace.
2nd place had Buffalo Trace Kosher Wheated, another $40-50 bottle. $89… This is secondary market prices. People are paying these prices though and these liquor stores are rapping the uninformed.

Which is why I told the guy that wanted $112 for eagle rare to put it right the fuck back.

Lead Pipe

See what happens Larry
Reaction score
Which is why I told the guy that wanted $112 for eagle rare to put it right the fuck back.
Yup. I walked out of the first place and bought a $35 bottle of Dickel bourbon from the 2nd because that’s MSRP. Plus Mook Mook drank my last bottle.

Top Bottom