Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
That typically doesn’t work around here. I know at Binnys it’s all about how much money you spend.

I frequent the one by me all the time. I get whatever I want through the manager whenever they get deliveries. Probably operate different in the city considering how many people shop there.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I frequent the one by me all the time. I get whatever I want through the manager whenever they get deliveries. Probably operate different in the city considering how many people shop there.
My brother’s friend is a manager at Binnys and can’t get him any or the rarer releases. Those go directly to customer that rack up consistent high dollar purchases. I asked my local Binny’s and they told me the same thing so maybe they operate some stores different?

Or maybe you spend a lot ??

69Nice

Rainman
Sep 4, 2020
CO
74E41550-7FD5-4D1F-A96B-1A8170CC8D44.jpeg

Tasting menu tonight.

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
What's your tasting notes on that one? I haven't had it.

There are so few scotches I've found that I enjoy. Most of them just taste too strongly of... smokey gym socks to me. lol
A buddy of mine is a huge scotch snob and says I need to try out unpeated scotches from ... one of the isles. Oban 10 with ice is okay, but seems kind of one-note to me, I'd rather have bourbon!
I do have a bottle of Monkey Shoulder that I mix with Disaronno to make Godfathers. That's okay.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
What's your tasting notes on that one? I haven't had it.

There are so few scotches I've found that I enjoy. Most of them just taste too strongly of... smokey gym socks to me. lol
A buddy of mine is a huge scotch snob and says I need to try out unpeated scotches from ... one of the isles. Oban 10 with ice is okay, but seems kind of one-note to me, I'd rather have bourbon!
I do have a bottle of Monkey Shoulder that I mix with Disaronno to make Godfathers. That's okay.

This isn't strong at all, especially if you're a bourbon guy.

Honestly, this is like a tropical fruit juice compared to a good bourbon. It's about 80 proof and it has a very very light smokey flavor, with a bunch of fruit notes. Strong sweet honey, apple, peach, think i even taste a bit of pineapple. Not a good representation of a scotch.

If you want to try a good scotch, i definitely wouldn't recommend this. Try the Glenlivet 15 or a good Macallan.

Reactions: Trinten

Thread Info