landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

Reactions: J-LO

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
This must be an acquired taste type thing. I’ve been drinking Jameson with a bit of 7up or ginger ale forever, but just not that into straight bourbon. Have a bottle of woodford reserve we got as part of a wedding gift a year or so ago I’ve yet to crack open.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
My boss was telling me to try basil hayden for a good cheap option. Is it any good?
I'm not a big fan of any Basil Hayden, some people love it though. Bourbon is very subjective to individual tastes. With that said I always recommend to newer drinkers to try the different boubons out of Buffalo Trace as they tend to work with almost anyones tastes. This includes buffalo trace, eagle rare, blantons, weller (if you can find it), stagg jr for a barrel proof, eh taylor, etc.

Reactions: Kensington

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'm not a big fan of any Basil Hayden, some people love it though. Bourbon is very subjective to individual tastes. With that said I always recommend to newer drinkers to try the different boubons out of Buffalo Trace as they tend to work with almost anyones tastes. This includes buffalo trace, eagle rare, blantons, weller (if you can find it), stagg jr for a barrel proof, eh taylor, etc.

My buddy keeps trying to get me into Blanton's, just haven't pulled the trigger and bought a bottle. From what I understand, it's hard to keep on the shelves, people buy it out so fast.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
My buddy keeps trying to get me into Blanton's, just haven't pulled the trigger and bought a bottle. From what I understand, it's hard to keep on the shelves, people buy it out so fast.
If you see it for $50-60 buy it. That’s normal retail but it’s not uncommon for some places to gouge it for $100-200. Blantons is good stuff. I use it to trade for other bourbons since I can find it with some normal frequency in NWI

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
What would you want for a bottle of Rip or a bottle of 107? in cash or trade.

I've actually never had Van Winkle before.
Im looking $400 for a bottle of rippy and 90 for 107. Want to put funds towards a bbk for the Supra lol
I’ve got a bottle of blantons I won’t be drinking and wouldn’t mind trading for something comparable. Brand new of course.
I would but I already got 3 bottles of blantons.

Reactions: Grabber

Thread Info