Whiskey drinkers unite!

Lead Pipe

See what happens Larry
Reaction score
What surprised me was I picked up Evan Williams bottled in bond. It was perry good. Especially for an under $20 bottle.

Makes me think I should try the single barrel select.
I have been apprehensive to pick up EW BIB even though I hear great things because I bought the single barrel and don't like it. It has regularly finished near the bottom in the blind tastings I've done. For $30 it's worth a try but it's become a mixer for me.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
For me it was really smooth, had a hint of sweetness to it. I was expecting a bit of a bite to it with it being 100 proof, buy for me it didn't and I really enjoyed it. That's my 1/2 glass impression.

Everyone likes different things.

For 20 bucks I don't think you can go wrong.

Lead Pipe

See what happens Larry
Reaction score
So I gave up whiskey for lent. I need to get back into the swing and familiarize my pallet and try the smoky scotch again. I just wasn't feeling it.

MEATeorite

Addict
Reaction score
Voyage 24. More briney, salty, and leathery than the more recent ones. I feel like last couple years they've lacked that briney ocean salt flavor. Its here in a pronounced way on #24. Going full bourbon nerd here, but its on par with voyage 16 saltyness.20220513_215644.jpeg

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
I hear a lot of good things about the Penelope lineup. Just haven't pulled the trigger myself on one yet.

MEATeorite

Addict
Reaction score
I hear a lot of good things about the Penelope lineup. Just haven't pulled the trigger myself on one yet.
Did a second pour and different opinion. Reminds me Makers Mark, but much more fruity aroma, cherry and oak flavor, super super dry finish. Like champagne. I just had some Weller special reserve afterward, and was like Gatorade by comparison (in terms of wetness vs dryness). I take back what i said about it not being a repeat buy. Sometimes it takes a second taste.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Picked this up today. Redemption Rum Cask

5e8dbaf8d338a8503618b8d1_Redemption-Rye-Rum-Cask-Finish-04a.jpg

Sounded intriguing. I'm not a HUGE rye fan, but Im curious to see what flavors the rum cask introduces.

MEATeorite

Addict
Reaction score
Picked this up today. Redemption Rum Cask

5e8dbaf8d338a8503618b8d1_Redemption-Rye-Rum-Cask-Finish-04a.jpg

Sounded intriguing. I'm not a HUGE rye fan, but Im curious to see what flavors the rum cask introduces.
I absolutely love the Angel's Envy rye that is finished in Rum casks. I bet Redemptions will be very good.

Their rum cask rye was first time on the bourbon trail i had a chocolate/bourbon pairing that made sense. Im not really much of a chocolate guy, but the Angel's Envy rye went awesome with white chocolate.

Top Bottom