3800 WhippledRiv

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
we completly reworked and resealed eric's core and modified ALOT of shit to fit a shiney new riv on his whipple, the aeromotive fuel pressure regulator is in, so is the external PCV plumbing, deleted core passage (interfeared with whipple bbv layout, reworked alot of other stuff too, but it runs! it started up this morning at 3am with no sc belt buyt we have more work to do....today (later today!) we'll be running to the Jyard as we need an LS1 throittle cable bracket or something i can make work, but we'll be driving the riv to the Jyard since i hoseclamped the throttle cable to the maf lol

i fucking tired goodnight all!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
jeeze...and for once i dont have pics.... :lolsign:

sam i've got a full plate right now with some other work...eric will be selling a gV m90 soon if your interested lol

boy does that 3.8 inch pulley whipple flow some air....as DD can attest to we hit 11.9-12.1 psi at 42-4300rpm and the maf was reading ~9800hz :blink:

looks like he needs to get some more parts to support it...we can raise the fuel pressure with the aeromotive regulator but i'm worried about his new stock pump at this point....

the riv hasent run this good in a while.....and yes like dennis i am green with envy...i hate you eric... :p

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ok i got some pics...just not of it on the riv...

the mastic coated rotors....whoever used this previously was using a mastic/tar type sealer or something....it was all over the inside of the case/tb side bearings...took a good bit of cleaning to remove it all but thankfully there was no rotor damage...

dirtywhipplerotors.jpg

i had to rework and tap 5 holes on the case....i wonder how many hands this thing has passed through...

whipplecase.jpg

a whipple happy Eric
WhipplehappyEric.jpg

look it's the whore you bring home to meet the parents... :ph34r:
polishedwhipple.jpg

hows this fer polished...
polishedenoughferya.jpg

I

imported_Ron Vogel

That thing was siiting in my garage for almost a year! Yeah, whoever ran it before had some crappy sealant all over the place on it. The BBV connection at the adapter plate was stripped out too, and a piece of normal plumbing pipe was used there. Good to see it's fixed. Didn't look like much work was needed on it, just some TLC...I was very tempted to fix it up and slap it on my car at the time.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
nice. What all other mods does eric have agian? I know its got the full size ic on it with the belt driven pump.
[/b]

a recent two piece crank required a 25k 05 L32 longblock

VS cam, stg2 core, Mechanical IC pump & Flojet with massive exchanger, mirror polished 3.8in pulley Whipple 2300, ported LIM, 42.5lb injectors and Aeromotive adj fpr, LS1 TB and 85mm LQ4 MAF, 4" wai, fully ported Pacesetter headers!!! with DMH 2.5 in Elec cutout, 103's with cutback groundstraps.

next up is a 4t80e swap from an aurora app...

I know of at least 3 people that have owned that blower. Mr. Hat, the guy before Mr. Hat and the guy in Rockford that you guys bought it from. He didnt run it on a car however. [/b]

it's pretty damn clean as far as wear and tear, i just cant believe how bad the bolt holes were on the case for the tb adaptor

That thing was siiting in my garage for almost a year! Yeah, whoever ran it before had some crappy sealant all over the place on it. The BBV connection at the adapter plate was stripped out too, and a piece of normal plumbing pipe was used there. Good to see it's fixed. Didn't look like much work was needed on it, just some TLC...I was very tempted to fix it up and slap it on my car at the time. [/b]

lol the bbv adaptor at the base plate was as it is now...boy this thing is fun!

i took a page from ya though with the PCV system...we installed a front cover on the rear and ran a fully external PCV system with an inline PCvalve drawing metered air from the LS1 tb is ducted to the rear fill cap, and the front cap leads to the PCValve and then to an air/oil seperator (got a big one from berlands house of tools :D ) then to the fitting on top of the tb adaptor, so far we have about two teaspoons worth after ~ 100 miles...maybe bigger is better, this is a low mile longblock and i cant believe how much oil is drawn through the PCV system.... with the egr delete we opted to cut the tube and install it in the TB adaptor and use it as the brake booster port....works great...

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
That things looks alot cleaner from when it was sitting in my garage. Nice to hear its finally on a car.

I know of at least 3 people that have owned that blower. Mr. Hat, the guy before Mr. Hat and the guy in Rockford that you guys bought it from. He didnt run it on a car however.
[/b]
This one wasn't Mr. Hat's, this one is practically new. I believe it was only used for a few hundred miles.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ahhhh......gotcha. When I thought I read that they picked up the blower in rockford they got it from the guy that used to have it out there. I think his screen name on clubgp was redgt3800 or something like that. He wanted to do a top swap with the whipple and when I heard where he got it I told him dont bother.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
mike did say that it had realllly low miles and it certaily seems likely with how little wear and tear it has (aside from the bolt holes lol), not to mention because we needed bbv springs, eric and I found the most awesom fully stocked hardware store (ma and pa outfit) just inside elgin....i shit you not they had 42 drawers just devoted to springs! and oh my the metric selection....buttonhead hex, stainlesss, chrome, you name it... :D

anyways i've been busy, we got another hotel job that i was hopeing we wouldnt get....so i have 3000lbs of 1 5/8ths pipe that has to be turned into straight and 38* hand rails :rolleyes:

been getting alot of stuff done in regards to the projects as well aside from alot of grinding, i got the machining done on eric's new fuel rails, and now onto the ever present mockup work...and supervising DD's engine work...just kiddin ya bub ;)

hey bob call me......i need your email to send pics

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yes he does! it's funny that TB is his best friend...it goes everywhere with him lol

we were noticing with the recent air temps that in 3rd (~75-80mph) under full throttle at ~3500rpm (yeah we've hit 200kpa already) the PCM was going into negative comanded timing...turns out it's the traction control :rolleyes: turn it off and it goes like a raped ape

anyone else have a problem with traction at 80mph? :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info