Whipple 2.3 and.......

Nipeater

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am new to the site and have loved the terminator Cobra since I bought my Trailblazer SS in 2006. They are the the modern day Supra with the numbers they put up. Well long story short I recently purchased a Cobra and I want to step it up to a Whipple 2.3. I want to make 625/625 in that range

Which Whipple 2.3 Blower will I need and what other pieces?

Currently the car has Full Bassani Exhaust, CAI, Diablo Tune and Stage 3 Clutch.

When looking into the blowers, I noticed there is a price difference depending on which intake you use.

I wanted to start ordering the parts ASAP to get the car ready for summer!

Thanks,
KC

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
Any twin-screw on a cobra is capable of making the numbers you're looking for, although you'll have to spin the smaller blowers a bit harder to get there.

You'll also need MAF and fuel system upgrades to get there. A 2300 MAF or Mafia to support the airflow needs and at least a Boost-A-Pump added to the stock pumps for fuel. However, you'll likely need more comprehensive fuel system mods to support that power safely. You'll also need a quality tune to make it happen.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Reaction score
The single blade throttle body or stock twin blade is what difference he was asking about I thing.

hj16

Tasty!
Reaction score
Larger SCT MAF or Mafia, 60s, KB Boost A Pump and about 19-21lbs from that 2.3L Whipple. Dual Blade, Single blade, whatever... pick whichever makes the most financial sense for you.

Welcome to the game

blck10th

Reaction score
60lb, injectors, a boost-a-pump, MAFIA of SCT 2300. easy 600+

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
Any twin screw will get you there, and you probably have to go with some kind of race fuel minimum 100 octane. Just have Bob Kurgan tune your car you will be good to go. If you spin the blower past 21 psi I suggest longtube headers, it will make that car breathe so much better. Good luck. Stay away from bassani headers. :biggthump

Nipeater

Reaction score
Thanks, Bob and everyone else. Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum. Sounds like a good bunch of guys. Dont know if anyone is on TBSSOWNERS.com or 1130cc.com but I can be found on their as well.

Cheers,
KC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom