• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which tune, email or dyno?

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
I'm on the fence currently about how I'm going to go about getting my 2012 GT tuned. Mods will be CAI, O/R X pipe, and maybe a Boss intake manifold. I was either going to have Shaun of AED do the email tune, or take it to a shop to get it dyno tuned. Also, does anyone have any suggestions as far as good shops for tuning a Coyote in the Chicagoland area? Everything I search has supposedly closed or sucks or hates black people or whatever reason not to go there.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
OP, for you mods I would save the cash and go with an email tune. The ECU in these cars are pretty sophisticated. A dyno tune will cost you more money with minimal gains over an email tune.

I would suggest poking around Eagle's GT500 thread. There was a lot of tuning talk happening in there.

The Coyote and GT500 use a totally different ECU and strategy.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
OP, for you mods I would save the cash and go with an email tune. The ECU in these cars are pretty sophisticated. A dyno tune will cost you more money with minimal gains over an email tune.

The Coyote and GT500 use a totally different ECU and strategy.

I was more referring to who are the main players in the ford world as far as tunes go. (New gen)

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
I like the idea of an email tune, but SCT's software has officially beaten me down to the point that I don't even care if it costs 100 bucks more for the same thing. So I guess the new question is, what shops in the area are the best for dyno tunes on the Coyote motors? I emailed Tim at Modular Powerhouse, and I've heard a couple people mention Dean's Performance. Anything else?

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
Hans @ Deans does not do tuning. It would most likely be a Kurgan tune done remotely.
That's what it looked like on their website, but I heard people mention their name in regards to tuning. Probably because of their dyno.
Did you try another lap top to data log with? I had to un install my drivers and re install them to get the data logging to work. Something is fishy that yoy can't get it to work.

I haven't tried another laptop yet. The one I have access to will not for the life of me connect to the car.

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
Didn't read all the posts, but given the mods id go with an email tune and save some cash. When you start getting into some boost or inside the motor, its time to bring it in and have a custom calibration done on the car.

I've tried to go that route, but the laptop I have access to doesn't want to run SCT's software, and it's a giant fucking nightmare, and I hate it's guts. Bleh.

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
borrow one? everyone has a computer, i hope you have friends

I guess I could, but I would need it for at least a couple days. The guy I borrowed it from right now has multiple computers, and this one is a dedicated tuning computer. I can't see anybody being like "Sure, here's my personal computer, just return it when you're done!"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info