Which ones to go with?

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Reaction score
Dont know which would be better 315/35/17 nittos or mickey thompsons. car never sees rain and probly never see track. what do u guys thik I should go with. car will have pullie soon but as of right now no pullie on it. I have nittos on it now not a bad tire I just llike the way the M/T look. thanks for any input

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
If you like stop light racing and hate wheel hop... and you get a pulley, it is imho that you should go with the MT DR's, especially since you don't do rain ;) But it you do lots of smoke shows like your sig... don't expect them to last you the summer!

OP
S

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Reaction score
No more burn outs like that. cost to much money for a few min. show.... LOL but thanks for ur input.

1badass96gt

Reaction score
If you don't go to the track I'd go for neither and say BFGs. They hook better than the Nittos in my opinion and will last longer than the M/Ts. If pure hook is your only concern the M/T but they will go fast on ya.

OP
S

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Reaction score
well what I am really looking for mostly when pullie is done is that if I jump on it, I dont want the tires to blow up in smoke. I know If I really get on it they r probly going to spin no matter what. what the average miles u guys get on the nittos and M/T's?

Flatliner

Reaction score
MT's = no spinning. This is my 2nd summer with the MT's, not sure... maybe 5-8k so far.

allgo

Reaction score
No question mickys and I have tried them all!!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
With just a pulley id go with the nitto's. I'm running nitto's on my 600 HP setup and it grabs but not the best...With just a pulley you would be fine. I think MT's for your setup would be over kill...plus they wouldn't last long..

Kevin

Flatliner

Reaction score
If you don't go with the MT's...

I shall call you SLOoooooonicblue2003.

;)

shanker

Amateur Expert
Reaction score
Victor how are yours if you get caught in the rain? Does the car immediately flip over and burst into flames?

I'm leaning towards the MT in the stock rim size.

BTW I still have do install the CQ/FW adjuster if you want to coach me with that sometime. (There's food in it for you).

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Reaction score
MTs for the win.... I have the nittos and they are pretty useless. Just becareful in the rain.

Flatliner

Reaction score
shanker said:
Victor how are yours if you get caught in the rain? Does the car immediately flip over and burst into flames...
:-o I'm on my 50th DSG Cobra... :lmao:

FW and QR I need to pen you in!

01SVT19

Reaction score
MT's They Last Longer then the BFG IMO if you dont burnout or launch at every stop light. :biggthump

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom