Which brake pads?

cobra4075

Reaction score
I'm leaning toward Hawk ceramic. But nobody seems to carry them locally without a special order. Before I place the order, I thought I'd ask your opinions.

Maniak

Reaction score
what kind of driving will you be doing with the car?

i'd go with the hps if it sees mostly street. i think that is the pad i will be going with. im pretty sure tire rack carries all types of hawk pads.

OP
cobra4075

cobra4075

Reaction score
Mostly street with some time at the drag strip. My trap speed should be around 130mph and my old brakes didn't feel great slowing down from 105mph. I'll most likely go through pep boys because I won't have to pay shipping.

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
cobra4075 said:
Mostly street with some time at the drag strip. My trap speed should be around 130mph and my old brakes didn't feel great slowing down from 105mph. I'll most likely go through pep boys because I won't have to pay shipping.

From what I've heard you really don't need ceramic breaks unless you are doing a lot of road racing because they only work best when they are hot.

Hollywood43

Reaction score
I went to Car Quest for my pads. They weren't cheap but supposedly the same as OEM. They stop well and I have no issues with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom