Where you all downloading your movies and shows from these days?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Lord Tin Foilhat tinfoilhat, dumb question. but does the vpn ONLY work on the computer using the software? example: i'm downloading some stuff on my desktop right now, with the vpn going. its connected to iceland. when i do an IP check on my laptop, it shows my comcast IP.

I'm assuming most VPNs only allow one piece of hardware to be connected at a time?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Lord Tin Foilhat tinfoilhat, dumb question. but does the vpn ONLY work on the computer using the software? example: i'm downloading some stuff on my desktop right now, with the vpn going. its connected to iceland. when i do an IP check on my laptop, it shows my comcast IP.

I'm assuming most VPNs only allow one piece of hardware to be connected at a time?
correct, only works on the specific device unless you set it up on your router to do it to all devices on the network.

most will allow 1-5 connections. Connect the laptop while the desktop is connected and see what happens. Or you just make another free account. If you are using ProtonVPN, I think they are 1 connection per free user

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Ya its already off. Its just weird. I'll physically exit the program and then sometimes when I wake the computer, the program will start up and try to connect. Not always though.
hm weird. can probably turn off the "start when windows does" too

or it would be a scheduled task in windows task scheduler to start up

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Kind of didnt keep track of my data usage this month and I'm close to going over for a 3rd time in a row (been downloading shows for Plex so I dont have to use Hulu, Neflix, etc for repeat shows) and now I need to ration out my datas like some poor until Sunday. I never noticed how dark my living room can get at this time of day.

giphy.gif

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Kind of didnt keep track of my data usage this month and I'm close to going over for a 3rd time in a row (been downloading shows for Plex so I dont have to use Hulu, Neflix, etc for repeat shows) and now I need to ration out my datas like some poor until Sunday. I never noticed how dark my living room can get at this time of day.

giphy.gif
That's why I changed my Comcast plan to unlimited data...I had 2 strikes against me and didn't want to worry about going over again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info