Where to go to sell guns

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
My mom is trying to close out my grandparents estate, and she wants me to take her to Cabelas tomorrow for quotes and sell them. She is trying to get this closed by the end of the month so online is a no go. Plus these are black powder guns, so they arent really desirable.

I know there are a couple shops in McHenry that are close to her, but I was wondering if I should bother with the shit shop in Crystal Lake or make the trek to Marango guns.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing that, but after looking at them last night I have zero clue about them and cant seem to find any info. IIRC there are 2 shops in McHenry so we could just make the trip and see what they say, and then check out CL.

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
Reaction score
I was just thinking, calling ahead to see if the shop was interested in a black powder guns.
That way, you could save yourself the trip if they weren't.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
True, that for sure can happen.

Gamble

Reaction score
Cabelas are low balling assholes

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
Post some pics of said Black Powder firearms. Maybe somebody on here would like to collect them or can provide better details. :dunno:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I will say that if they are traditional styled they do not qualify as firearms under law and you should be able to sell them to anyone provided they are over 18 years of age no FOID needed.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
goodfellas garage purchases firearms...

yes, im serious, call me.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
I wood totally CC a blunderbuss

If there was a cache of blunderbusses, I don't believe this convo would be happening. It would be "check out my cache of blunderbusses" thread. Lol.

I'm heading up there around 1 and I'll try to get her to snap some pics for curious people.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
The place we went to was giving more than we thought it was. So my mom took it. Sorry guys.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I will say that if they are traditional styled they do not qualify as firearms under law and you should be able to sell them to anyone provided they are over 18 years of age no FOID needed.
You know more about it than I do. I know we all don't want to take chances on getting Mook or the site in trouble so PMs are safest concerning any gun sales. Thanks for the comment.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
The guy did say that the older black powders don't have serial numbers and don't need them but that it's weird. I don't know I started the convo then let my mom take over since its for the estate I have no dealing with. So I just walked and searched. Looks like a cool shop. Second amendment sports in mchenry.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
I hope you did at least a little research on the things before your mom dumped them, and didn't get screwed.... Just because you got more than what you thought they were worth doesn't mean they weren't worth a hell of a lot more.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
I hope you did at least a little research on the things before your mom dumped them, and didn't get screwed.... Just because you got more than what you thought they were worth doesn't mean they weren't worth a hell of a lot more.

That is true. We did a little research and had an idea. They went a bit over what we thought so she went with it.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out and was fairly easy. I will say I hope at least some of my guns stay in the family when I am gone.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out and was fairly easy. I will say I hope at least some of my guns stay in the family when I am gone.

I agree. We tried to keep what we could but some of it had to go. My cousin bought a couple, my mom a couple, I bought a small little black powder gun that my grandma loved showing me. I remembered that and that's why I wanted it.

I have realized how important a good will is. I don't want my stuff to be separated so I will be making a living will so this exact thing won't happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom