Where to go to fix this.. welder needed.

transmaxed

Reaction score
My lower radiator support cracked on my maxima... I need to get this fixed by the fall.

The part in question is the 62530M

From what I read this piece is welded on. So drilling off the old welds and putting and welding this on is what needs to be done. However I dont have a welder nor to I have any idea how to use one.
Can anyone recommend a person or place that can do this for me? I dont want to go to the dealer and get raped, however I also dont want to go to some ghetto place thats never done this kinda thing before. Thanks in advance for any help.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Reaction score
For body work I go to Doc's Body Shop in Schaumburg.
Most body shops can do the work for you for a low cost. Especially if you have all the other stuff out of the way.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Strip the car down and get the old part cut out. Provided the parts where that part connect are in decent condition... I could drive my welder over and help a fellow fbody owner out with a little DD repairs for minimum $. :D

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
Give Alex or Filip at APG a call, they're called "FABtech" now and moved to Schaumburg and are pretty reasonable!!

(630)702-9699

chuck_chizzle

Reaction score
i don't know why 4th gens rust so badly on the lower core support....compared to other nissans i've owned...but any collision shop is capable of replacing that...if you take it some place though and are on a budget, i'd suggest removing the bumper yourself because time is money and it's pretty time consuming taking off the bumper

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom