where to go from here?

what do do for engine setup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
A stock motor (turbo'd) on 14-16psi with pump gas will be more reliable and faster than an S1X setup. That's what I would do, especially if you already have it laying around.

:bigthumb:

Best post of the entire thread so far.

So now TCG peoples what do I do to covert a previously cammed s1x car to turbo? Using a NA setup with L26 upper and HV3 insert if I should go this route.

Rewiring it to work a bitch?

This turbo kit really is begging me to put it on I just keep tripping over the intercooler and piping turbo is in the house safe. LOL.

Anyone got some tune help I can load into HPTuners?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
:bigthumb:

Best post of the entire thread so far.

So now TCG peoples what do I do to covert a previously cammed s1x car to turbo? Using a NA setup with L26 upper and HV3 insert if I should go this route.

Rewiring it to work a bitch?

This turbo kit really is begging me to put it on I just keep tripping over the intercooler and piping turbo is in the house safe. LOL.

Anyone got some tune help I can load into HPTuners?

You don't need the HV3 insert, it's a huge waste of money IMO. If flows plenty with the l26 upper, which is obviously better than the plastic piece of shit l36 that melts and leaks coolant.

What are you re-wiring?

You'll just get the l26 motor and toss it in, if you don't go for big power that motor is just fine. Also, the extra compression helps spool the turbo faster.

You should be able to pick one of those up for ~$350 or so, they're hella cheap.

Bam, done in 2-3 days with everything. Well, you'll need a tune, but the s1x tune should be more than enough to start with.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
You don't need the HV3 insert, it's a huge waste of money IMO. If flows plenty with the l26 upper, which is obviously better than the plastic piece of shit l36 that melts and leaks coolant.

What are you re-wiring?

You'll just get the l26 motor and toss it in, if you don't go for big power that motor is just fine. Also, the extra compression helps spool the turbo faster.

You should be able to pick one of those up for ~$350 or so, they're hella cheap.

Bam, done in 2-3 days with everything. Well, you'll need a tune, but the s1x tune should be more than enough to start with.

350 for l36 out of an impala l26 and hv3 i already had. got it with turbo kit and it has a cutout on the downpipe too.

nothing odd to wire or change going from sc setup to na engine amd turbo?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
sorry thats def not happening. id need to get a block off plate and i already have the l26.

i cant be the 1st one to go from a sc setup to a l26 upper and turbo.

i think selliot or whatever the dudes name on gpf used a vac block but dont know how it was all setup.

cars a 99 gtp with a gen5 currently if that matters.

itll get sorted out.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
that was the thought instead of the st5 cam. keep it on s1x its already tuned for that cam on e85 and pump gas.

less drama stock na engine wont even have to take the heads off just put the s1x in with 105#s or i should put the 130s in i have sitting too? 105# springs and ti retainers will come off the blown up engine.

60# inj s1x cam turbo should make at least 400 hp no?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
wanna sell it?

i have input output pump shaft tep vb upgrades tq conv has about 15k miles on it and 7/8s chain setup.

if i could find a 1 inch for 1500 id be all over it im not paying more for one so it might never happen.

:fu:

well see how long it takes for me to shred that. i have spare input and output and billet 3rd ill ive been planning on building a spare for this car and dealing with the issues of making a 4t80 work in the caged car.

that car might be sitting for a while if i rob the turbo kit for this setup.

ohh well itll just be time to finish the body instead.

Thread Info