Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
:eek: zero compression on 5

5888478285_3a16e57f5b_b.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
350 for na engine out of an impala under 100k miles wrecked car. its in a warehouse with forklift 2 post lifts and air so pulling it out will be easy. part of why its pretty cheap is i need to pull it no big deal ive bought engines from this guy before and hes been good to me.

1 i bought was short lived and he gave me another for like 150 bucks. nature of the beast when buying used parts some fail happy he treated me right about it. 50% off for another engine.

guy buys and sells wrecks when hes not running his construction company.

its kind of like my holy grail of oem parts all stuffed in a climate controlled warehouse. :s00ls:

might as well keep buying from him its not a public deal more word of mouth small side operation kinda thing.

prices are certianly right and no drama working with him.

i need some other odds and ends like a bumper and crap for caged car wonder if he still has the semi trailer full of sorta fit bumpers and hoods and fenders? :rofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
ohh well since it will be high comp setup i can always just put a 3.0 on instead of 2.8 too well see i have a few different pulleys too.

2.8 3.0 3.2 and 3.4 i think need to dig around for them got a puller somewhere too.

350 a pop and spray the piss out of it with zex kit this summer.

i know [MENTION=10105]GTPpower[/MENTION] loves spraying piss :rofl:

fuck it assplode it go get another 350 dollar engine?

wreck rebuild repeat!

:fy:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
well see how these heads look when i pull them think they are ok s1x cam needs to come out. if heads are trashed i can always leave the na engine alone or stuff st5 in it and i have prj fuel rails sitting then slap the turbo kit on instead of using the heaton.

wouldnt have to worry about buying a set of good sc heads if these are bad. i do have another set of sc heads sitting on a shelf i should prolly drop off and have magna fluxed and checked out anyways too.

im serious more parts than i know what to do with so few options just going with the 350 dollar na engine because i dont have a na lower to go with the l26 upper i already have and the price is right.

[MENTION=117]Slow Buick[/MENTION] i could pull another na engine and ship it if you needed a "whole" engine too.

good luck wrenching on yours too.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
A stock motor (turbo'd) on 14-16psi with pump gas will be more reliable and faster than an S1X setup. That's what I would do, especially if you already have it laying around.

not sure why that is :rofl:

maybe its strictly mileage?

As someone who tuned these cars, running smaller pulleys without proper flowing mods makes them impossible to tune. They're always picking up knock. Running a 3.2 doesn't require the sarcastic suggestions that KJ made, but timing will make more power than a pulley. My stock red GTP was 4mph off of your S1X mph, and it was just tuned on pump gas. Your car should have been trapped 110+ if it was properly tuned, 104mph means it had no top end, likely because it was pulling a shit ton of timing.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I know if my car ever blows up ill put a stock jy motor in it, demod it some, and keep it for a work ripper. I am not rebuilding it to make a 15 year old fwd GTP fast again.

If the body wasn't in such nice shape it would get parted out and walk away.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
A stock motor (turbo'd) on 14-16psi with pump gas will be more reliable and faster than an S1X setup. That's what I would do, especially if you already have it laying around.

As someone who tuned these cars, running smaller pulleys without proper flowing mods makes them impossible to tune. They're always picking up knock. Running a 3.2 doesn't require the sarcastic suggestions that KJ made, but timing will make more power than a pulley. My stock red GTP was 4mph off of your S1X mph, and it was just tuned on pump gas. Your car should have been trapped 110+ if it was properly tuned, 104mph means it had no top end, likely because it was pulling a shit ton of timing.
I had some bullshit intense pcm and then a zzp one. I lost interest in it quick and didn't want to spend the effort to learn to tune or get someone to actually tune it. Oh well

Thread Info