đź”– Deals Where to get the BEST LED TV deals?

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
I have not seen anyone confirm that they found this deal at an IL Microcenter, but if you can, this is an absolute STEAL for this TV. It appears that the model is not even listed on their website, let alone at the sale price. It's not even on display at the store. But when a few people went to the store and asked a salesperson to look it up, it came up as available, and at the sales price. Good luck!

70" Sharp 70UQ17U, 240hz, 1080p, @ Microcenter B&M. YMMV $1499.99 08-01-2014 - Slickdeals.net

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
People claim the same thing for pretty much any brand for any consumer good. We're in an era of super mass production, all while trying to make everything as cheaply as possible, so anything can fail prematurely. You take your chances with whatever product you buy. Either way, it comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty, and I always strongly suggest getting a Square Trade extended warranty for any electronics. It's MUCH cheaper than the store warranty offered (even more so when you use one of their frequent 30%+ off coupon codes), and they're much better about honoring them.

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
Stull going on about that claim, eh? I'm on my third year. No issues. What a piece of crap.

ive owned my 42" sharp aquos for 7 years now. paid $1300 for it way back in the day. lol....still looks great.

After working customer service for them through college, I wouldn't trust the 920? Models and prior, most of the issues were known and it was taught to push customers away with the issues. It's really sad, they had a model sold Black Friday 2010 with something like 75% DOA, but people didn't start calling until about Christmas, but I will admit 20% of calls were to register for the aqous advantage, which just seemed like an information capture.

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
But the LE925s were the last units I was trained on, I hope they have gotten better.

But if you had volume issues these were the steps followed
1. Turn off all devices
2. Unplug tv
3. Unplug cable box (if they agreed and the box reset upon plugging back in, "call us back if the issue persists)
4. Wait 60 seconds, plug back in
5. Pick a channel
6. "Sounds normal?" Of course 9/10 times the volume had not increased but the customer would be like "oh yea much better!"

Because you got a shit storm if you averaged over 10 minutes on a call

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Where are you getting the data that 75% of the BF TVs Sharp sold were DOA? And even IF this is true, as Mook mentioned, most of these super cheap TV deals you see in the ads were purposely built just for BF. Not exactly going to put your best parts or technology into such TVs because people are going to buy anything in a BF ad regardless. I've warned people about this (along with most of the so called BF "deals" not being that great) for the last few years.

As to your mandated CS responses, you do realize that holds true for just about any company, right? What, do you think Samsung or Panasonic or LG just send you out a replacement TV if you call in with a technical issue? As I said in my previous reply, every company is cutting corners and has some pretty lousy customer service these days. You roll the dice regardless of what brand you buy. That's why I get the Square Trade extended warranty with any electronics I buy that's more than $400ish or so (some times less if I can get the warranty cheap enough).

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info