3800 Where to get a tattoo / show your tattoos...

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I'm getting my first tattoo (left arm) next month as an early graduation present from my girlfriend and I want know where the best place is to go and get one? I live in the NW burbs, but I don't mind traveling to a top-notch place. I plan on getting the Superman logo... it has some meaning to me and my last name begins with an "S," so it works in more than one way. I don't think I am going to get it colored-in though, but what is everyone's thought on that?

On a side note, lets see some pics of ILGPCer tattoos!

shieldhires.jpg

i cant for the life of me remember the name, but there is a good place out in Batavia... the Teutles from OCC occasionally fly out just for a tat or two. (even seen Sr. With batavia Tee shirt on in a show) so that's cool... wish i remember the name tho
[/b]

Ken's tatto

I jsut got mine finished a few weeks ago there. Ask for Richie Rich

Have the number downstairs...too lazy to get it, there's always a phone book.

this is one of those things where everyone and there brother thinks they know the best guy

...................and there all liars
[/b]

Bob you are quite right.

I did forget to mention that the guy I mentioned above needs to redo part of mine, he kind of missed a few spots on some solid black parts.

Never said these guys are all-stars but clean place, nice guys.

Do you have any of your own suggestions?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
I'm getting my first tattoo (left arm) next month as an early graduation present from my girlfriend and I want know where the best place is to go and get one? I live in the NW burbs, but I don't mind traveling to a top-notch place. I plan on getting the Superman logo... it has some meaning to me and my last name begins with an "S," so it works in more than one way. I don't think I am going to get it colored-in though, but what is everyone's thought on that?

On a side note, lets see some pics of ILGPCer tattoos!

shieldhires.jpg

[/b]

you mean it reminds you of Shaq, eh?

:lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I had my first one done in a shop in downtown elgin. It was ok. My next one was done at Rhynos Quad Cities in Elgin. Mike was the guys name. He did good work. He also tattooed my buddy and my ex. All of them turned out great and the price was decent.

FishKanji.jpg

FinalMaster.jpg

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I just finished my whole back, and got 2 more on my leg. My "Gal" is good. No complaints so far. Ive got 15 or more hours by her in the last few months. Im done for awhile. Time to go back to work. :rolleyes:

hit the phone book, ask around your hood, go talk to the artists, look at their work, make a choice.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
<div class='quotemain'>
Did you guys read about the one guy who was suing Jade Dragon because they mispelled "Chi Town" as "Chi Tonw"? :lol:
[/b]

I heard that! [/b][/quote]

how the hell? i wonder if that artist still worsk there lol

dont they draw that stuff on before they tat? (i've never gotten a tatoo so i wouldnt know)

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Did you guys read about the one guy who was suing Jade Dragon because they mispelled "Chi Town" as "Chi Tonw"? :lol:
[/b]

I heard that! [/b][/quote]

how the hell? i wonder if that artist still worsk there lol

dont they draw that stuff on before they tat? (i've never gotten a tatoo so i wouldnt know)
[/b][/quote]

Most do draw it on you first but who knows what happened.. Either way thats some of the crappiest old english lettering ive ever seen.

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
According to the tat artist on the news, he put the stencil on and had the customer check it. The customer didn't notice it either, until he was done. That's why it's important to actually look at the stencil when it's on your skin before it gets inked.

I use a local shop down in Kankakee called "The Abyss". They do pretty good work, but they're a little expensive. I've seen work from the Jade Dragon, and I wasn't impressed. Of course, the work I saw was just their flash, and wasn't any custom work. I would never get flash - why the hell would I want ink on me that everyone else has?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
According to the tat artist on the news, he put the stencil on and had the customer check it. The customer didn't notice it either, until he was done. That's why it's important to actually look at the stencil when it's on your skin before it gets inked.

I use a local shop down in Kankakee called "The Abyss". They do pretty good work, but they're a little expensive. I've seen work from the Jade Dragon, and I wasn't impressed. Of course, the work I saw was just their flash, and wasn't any custom work. I would never get flash - why the hell would I want ink on me that everyone else has?
[/b]

My second tattoo was inspired by a flash or in house design. I took the image, modified the tribal design and added my own sword. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info