• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Where to get a tattoo / show your tattoos...

98GTPDriva

Reaction score
I'm getting my first tattoo (left arm) next month as an early graduation present from my girlfriend and I want know where the best place is to go and get one? I live in the NW burbs, but I don't mind traveling to a top-notch place. I plan on getting the Superman logo... it has some meaning to me and my last name begins with an "S," so it works in more than one way. I don't think I am going to get it colored-in though, but what is everyone's thought on that?

On a side note, lets see some pics of ILGPCer tattoos!

Toasty

Reaction score
i cant for the life of me remember the name, but there is a good place out in Batavia... the Teutles from OCC occasionally fly out just for a tat or two. (even seen Sr. With batavia Tee shirt on in a show) so that's cool... wish i remember the name tho

BigJermGTP

Reaction score
i cant for the life of me remember the name, but there is a good place out in Batavia... the Teutles from OCC occasionally fly out just for a tat or two. (even seen Sr. With batavia Tee shirt on in a show) so that's cool... wish i remember the name tho
[/b]
Ken's tatto

I jsut got mine finished a few weeks ago there. Ask for Richie Rich

Have the number downstairs...too lazy to get it, there's always a phone book.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
this is one of those things where everyone and there brother thinks they know the best guy

...................and there all liars

BigJermGTP

Reaction score
this is one of those things where everyone and there brother thinks they know the best guy

...................and there all liars
[/b]
Bob you are quite right.

I did forget to mention that the guy I mentioned above needs to redo part of mine, he kind of missed a few spots on some solid black parts.

Never said these guys are all-stars but clean place, nice guys.

Do you have any of your own suggestions?

Toasty

Reaction score
I'm getting my first tattoo (left arm) next month as an early graduation present from my girlfriend and I want know where the best place is to go and get one? I live in the NW burbs, but I don't mind traveling to a top-notch place. I plan on getting the Superman logo... it has some meaning to me and my last name begins with an "S," so it works in more than one way. I don't think I am going to get it colored-in though, but what is everyone's thought on that?

On a side note, lets see some pics of ILGPCer tattoos!

[/b]

you mean it reminds you of Shaq, eh?

:lolsign:

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
I had my first one done in a shop in downtown elgin. It was ok. My next one was done at Rhynos Quad Cities in Elgin. Mike was the guys name. He did good work. He also tattooed my buddy and my ex. All of them turned out great and the price was decent.

Edmond

Reaction score
Did you guys read about the one guy who was suing Jade Dragon because they mispelled "Chi Town" as "Chi Tonw"? :lol:

MrT

Reaction score
Did you guys read about the one guy who was suing Jade Dragon because they mispelled "Chi Town" as "Chi Tonw"? :lol:
[/b]
yeah, it was right above his collar bone too......kinda visible :lol:

MrT

Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
yeah, it was right above his collar bone too......kinda visible :lol:
[/b][/quote]

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Reaction score
I just finished my whole back, and got 2 more on my leg. My "Gal" is good. No complaints so far. Ive got 15 or more hours by her in the last few months. Im done for awhile. Time to go back to work. :rolleyes:

hit the phone book, ask around your hood, go talk to the artists, look at their work, make a choice.

dizave

Reaction score
[/b]
I heard that!

I

imported_1fastGTP

that sucks about his tat. haha... the tomato, brother E are the 2 i heard of around here that are awesome! i havent been to tomato, but E pierced my tongue, i kno its not a tatoo but i got to see the work he does which is nice.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I heard that! [/b][/quote]

how the hell? i wonder if that artist still worsk there lol

dont they draw that stuff on before they tat? (i've never gotten a tatoo so i wouldnt know)

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I heard that! [/b][/quote]

how the hell? i wonder if that artist still worsk there lol

dont they draw that stuff on before they tat? (i've never gotten a tatoo so i wouldnt know)
[/b][/quote]

Most do draw it on you first but who knows what happened.. Either way thats some of the crappiest old english lettering ive ever seen.

Silvapain

Reaction score
According to the tat artist on the news, he put the stencil on and had the customer check it. The customer didn't notice it either, until he was done. That's why it's important to actually look at the stencil when it's on your skin before it gets inked.

I use a local shop down in Kankakee called "The Abyss". They do pretty good work, but they're a little expensive. I've seen work from the Jade Dragon, and I wasn't impressed. Of course, the work I saw was just their flash, and wasn't any custom work. I would never get flash - why the hell would I want ink on me that everyone else has?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
According to the tat artist on the news, he put the stencil on and had the customer check it. The customer didn't notice it either, until he was done. That's why it's important to actually look at the stencil when it's on your skin before it gets inked.

I use a local shop down in Kankakee called "The Abyss". They do pretty good work, but they're a little expensive. I've seen work from the Jade Dragon, and I wasn't impressed. Of course, the work I saw was just their flash, and wasn't any custom work. I would never get flash - why the hell would I want ink on me that everyone else has?
[/b]
My second tattoo was inspired by a flash or in house design. I took the image, modified the tribal design and added my own sword. :lolsign:

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
My dad got some awesome tats from Wolf's fine line tattoo in Joliet off of Plainfield Rd. I wish I had some pics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom