Where to Buy Trailer Axle

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I am about to start hunting for a trailer axle. Does anyone have any recommendations on who I should get a quote from?

Thanks,

John

Approximate Specs:

Straight 3500#
61" hub to hub
43.25" spring center
Electric Brakes
Straight EZ Lube Spindle
6x139.7 or 6x5.5 bolt pattern
Spring Over for 2" Springs

I am also interested in possibly upgrading to a 3" tube over the standard 2 3/8" tube and manual parking brakes.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Amazon?

3,500 lb Idler Trailer Axle with Double Eye Springs and U-Bolts ( 61" Hub Face, 46" Spring Center ) 5 Lug on 4.5 Bolt Pattern https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMMCSV0/?tag=tcg21-20

find a part number for what you want on a manufacturers website and hunt that diwn

It is going to be custom for sure. I need a specific spacing on the spring seats and I want parking brakes and a 3" tube which are not common on the 3500lb axle. At least as far as I have seen in my initial research...

R&p in Seneca is one of the cheapest places around

Thank you, I sent them an email.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Found this online

Attachments

• 3500.jpg
    3500.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 63

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Try etrailer.com

I bought a set of wheels and tires from them this past spring. Awesome prices, shipping was free, and customer service was really helpful.

"Answer:
I really wish we could get you the exact axle you need, but we only carry a select few axles at this time and none of them match what you listed. You are going to need to find a local trailer shop to you who can order you in custom axles and give them the dimensions you need."

-etrailer customer service

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
:wtc:

probably going to be one of those "gotta pay to play" situations, homie.

And that's fine. I'll pay... I just want it to be the right axle if I am paying...

I have a quote at $513 from a local place for everything I want. Still haven't received a quote from R&P which I expect to be cheaper as they sell the parking brakes on their website for less than the quote I received, like half the price actually.

I got a quote from the place you recommended but they don't do parking brakes so it isn't "valid". Same as Trailerpart.com and southwestwheel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info