Where do you do your grocery shopping?

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
90% of our shopping is at Aldi. ..and we prefer most of their stuff too (better chicken than Jewel has ever had for example... and love the taste of their bread -- hard to go wrong for 85 cents a loaf!)

...so I'd say 5% is at Marionos (I love their soughdough bread --- my weakness, and like their pork more than Aldi pork)

..and the other 5% is between Meijer and Costco

I can walk to Aldi.. but have to go out of my way to go to overpriced Jewel that has almost nothing I want and did I mention overpriced?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
My wife does the grocery shopping and pretty much only goes thru PeaPod. It's not as expensive as you would think if you pick it up and there's a pick up place in Schaumburg on Barrington rd.

I go to Marianos, Jewel or Target for whatever else I need but the Marianos on Golf Rd is always packed to the point of giving me an anxiety attack. I'll go to get lunch meat and end up wanting to kill the next person that leaves their cart in the middle of the aisle or smashes into my ankle with the cart.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
My wife does the grocery shopping and pretty much only goes thru PeaPod. It's not as expensive as you would think if you pick it up and there's a pick up place in Schaumburg on Barrington rd.

I go to Marianos, Jewel or Target for whatever else I need but the Marianos on Golf Rd is always packed to the point of giving me an anxiety attack. I'll go to get lunch meat and end up wanting to kill the next person that leaves their cart in the middle of the aisle or smashes into my ankle with the cart.

sounds like going to whole foods.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora

We use to do Pea Pod for many years. I loved it. Nothing like coming home from work and all I have to do is put my food away. And you're right. It's not terribly expensive at all.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
We use to do Pea Pod for many years. I loved it. Nothing like coming home from work and all I have to do is put my food away. And you're right. It's not terribly expensive at all.

Well you figure by time you could in gas, time etc.. You pay $6.95 for delievery @ peapod.. shop whenver you want... tons of sales..

only thing i watched what meat i bought there cause was not always on sale... however they also are now are carrying wildfire, big bowl and tons of other chicago food places food.. so is a plus..

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
angelos ftmfw... i know it's a cruise for all of you and would negate the savings, butttttttt those who are close should know..

12140934_805150876273766_5867042731093323520_o.jpg

12031638_805150899607097_3598514773728502954_o.jpg

stockin' the fuck up on chicken breasts this week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info