Where are you going 2021? Any vacations/roadtrips?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I still can't believe how well worth the time and money it was to visit the Vasa museum. When I started thinking about how I was waiting in line to get in with a bunch of other international tourists and paying a decent chunk of change to essentially see one exhibit, I started doubting the hype. Holy shit am I glad that I made that a priority stop. That ship is a seriously impressive project, in-tact piece of history, and a pretty rare natural occurrence.
Yeah glad to hear someone else has checked it out, it's so amazing.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
the fam will be heading back to http://boydsmasonlakeresort.com/
This summer. It’s northwoods Wisconsin about and hour west of minocqua. I’ve been going to this place for a week every summer my whole life.
Basically you spend a week eating good food, relaxing, and fishing. Not a place to go to if you are looking for lots to do. Great place to go if you want to relax for a week.
They have five lakes. They stock them with different types of fish. The main lake you rent a boat/motor for the week. The other lakes you just hop in whatever is at the docks.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served at the main lodge everyday. You get a few choices for dinner. It’s all good stuff like pot roast, turkey dinner, fish fry, duck, etc. the food is excellent.
If you are into fishing, get a guide and go Muskie fishing on the flambeau river.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
96ADEDAE-0EB2-4A4A-9F75-B55FEE047E6A.jpeg

52116208-459C-410A-A823-1DF8FCC16640.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

I haven’t stayed there before, but chose it since it was right on the beach and had a lot of things for kids.

i missed this post, that's a nice place. cool to see all the ships/boats go in and out of port everglades also right there.

huuuuuge fucking beach.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
We're out in TN right now! It was a record rainfall month for TN in March, we watched the CRAZY storms that went through Nashville the first night we were down here. It was awesome. 80* one day, 19* in the mountains today, and should be 60*+ again before we head home. The scenery down here is amazing. The diversity of living conditions is striking... not sure how else to describe it.

The inlaws are looking to move out here this year or early next. Amazing what you can get down here for little to nothing, middle of the road price, or by spending a bit more, you can get a 40 acre+ chunk of land and a pretty damn amazing house. Look for just the right thing, and you'll get outbuildings an amazing house, mountain views and running water through the property for <$300k.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I'm planning a trip down to the smokey mountains. Never been there before. Looking on vrbo.com for cabin rentals around Gatlinburg/Pigeon Ford. Anyone have recommendations on what area to stay around. Planning on doing a week. Activities will hopefully be split 1/2 nature stuff/half touristy stuff. Planning on being down there the week of the 4th.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
We have five trips planned so far with our new travel trailer. One trip will be two+ weeks out in Grand Teton National Park. We are planning a few more trips. Thankfully I have 5 weeks of vacation. But most of our trips will be Friday through Sunday or Monday.

We will even take our travel trailer to Cleveland two times a year while my wife sees her heart doctors. There are plenty of places for us to stay for far cheaper than a hotel plus it’s our home away from home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info