When would u pull your weapon out...robbery in progress..etc.. would you get involved? or deal with the bullshit laws that may effect your life

stock-t-bird

HVAC/R PARTS EQUIPMENT
Donating Member
Reaction score
just saying..had bad incident at work recently Harvey/South Holland area....crackheads etc..dude walks in ,want to l kill myself
I called 911..ambulance /life goes on...took him away...I should start packing a weapon.....just learning of how things are fucked up in this world,sorry to say

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
If I'm around anyone with a weapon trying to rob, threaten, or kill others, I would use mine. Doesnt matter the location.

That's basic human decency, everyone has a right to defend themselves or be protected. Regardless of what liberals and their "laws" say.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have my conceal carry and have thought about this very situation. Actually had a long talk with my 21yr old son regarding that as he just took the class to get his. I think its hard to say until your put in that position. If no weapon is involved, then I'm getting out and throwing some hands. No I'm not a bad ass and not trying to sound like one, shit I probably lost more fights then I won, lol. But thats just my mentality. If I'm alone and someone wants to car jack me or rob me on the street and they have a gun, they can have my shit. Imo not worth getting in to a shoot out over a piece of property. Now if my Wife and or kids are with me, probably a different story as I'm doing everything in my power to protect them. I might act like I'm letting have my shit but the minute they blink I'm firing. Now if someone entered my home while we were sleeping, I'm firing on them.

My biggest fear is if I ever have to use it, I dont want to freeze up. I have heard of that happening to people and is a lot more common than you think.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Depends. Any smart person who carries is going to think twice about the consequences. If there was harm/death to myself or another person involved, I'd be more likely than if someone was stealing a car, shoplifting or some property crime. In those cases, it's not worth escalating.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
The minute I feel my life is threatened I would use it.

i actually take my class next week, and the hope is that i will never have to use it, just like I hope to never need to use a fire extinguishe.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Unless lives are threatened or are in danger, the gun stays in its holster. At least in this state.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t know until the situation presented itself. Good topic to discus.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I try to think of it as, “would my not engaging with lethal force likely cause death or great bodily harm to myself or someone else”? If it doesn’t then it’s a no go for me.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have my conceal carry and have thought about this very situation. Actually had a long talk with my 21yr old son regarding that as he just took the class to get his. I think its hard to say until your put in that position. If no weapon is involved, then I'm getting out and throwing some hands. No I'm not a bad ass and not trying to sound like one, shit I probably lost more fights then I won, lol. But thats just my mentality. If I'm alone and someone wants to car jack me or rob me on the street and they have a gun, they can have my shit. Imo not worth getting in to a shoot out over a piece of property. Now if my Wife and or kids are with me, probably a different story as I'm doing everything in my power to protect them. I might act like I'm letting have my shit but the minute they blink I'm firing. Now if someone entered my home while we were sleeping, I'm firing on them.

My biggest fear is if I ever have to use it, I dont want to freeze up. I have heard of that happening to people and is a lot more common than you think.
Probably the most realistic thoughts on it I've heard right here. I agree I wouldn't know till I was there although I'd like to think I'd do the right thing and draw down if life was being threatened. Not into defending property with lethal force unless that in its own right has consequences that are life and death (e.g. someone's stealing my generator in the middle of winter when there is a huge power outage.)

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Really tough to say here.

In public, unless my wife, me or whomever I am with is in danger, I don't think I would draw my weapon. Don't really want the liability of shooting someone by accident or being blamed.

At my home, well, as much as I would like to think I'd pull the trigger, that would be my intention if someone came in. I hope I wouldn't freeze and don't believe I would, but, you never know. I've never been in this position before and definitey don't hope to be in it.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Big reason I push people to train. And by train I don't mean standing static, squareing off on a piece of paper. Find a company that offers dynamic training and push your body and your mind. If you are unsure of somewhere, I have done a lot of training with MALC training institute, they are based out of Central Indiana but they have multiple different training locations.

That being said, it doesn't mean a person won't freeze, but the harder you train your body and mind, the easier it will be to push through a stressful situation if it were ever to present itself.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
How many of you that do carry, also have some sort of insurance policy for you in case something ever did happen? I thought Ive read that they have policies that in case you ever did use force, they have lawyers and everything ready for you to use?

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
In regard to this topic; scenario in traffic at a stoplight boxed in, you carry at 3 o’clock in your car with your seatbelt on. It’s cold now so you have a winter jacket. You, spouse, kid or dog in the back. Armed assailant brandishes a firearm at the passenger window, pointing it at passenger states open the door or I’ll kill you. How do you respond?

Last edited:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
In regard to this topic; scenario in traffic at a stoplight boxed in, you carry at 3 o’clock in your car with your seatbelt on. It’s cold now so you have a winter jacket. You, spouse, kid or dog in the back. Armed assailant brandishes a firearm at the passenger window, pointing it at passenger states open the door or I’ll kill you. How do you respond?
I'm drawing down if able. At the same time that's a VERY compromised position and good luck making that magic happen. Tactically speaking most anything inside a car is horrible. As long as they let me grab my codependents I'm backing the fuck off and they can do what they will.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
depends what they want.

money and vehicle? here you go, have fun.

rape/kill wife/kids? distract and look for an opportunity to draw. also I'd like my wife to carry regularly too. then that could change the situation as well.

in the car, if I can, i prefer to unholster and put it in the door/console if it's just me. easier to access and more comfortable :rofl:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
How many of you that do carry, also have some sort of insurance policy for you in case something ever did happen? I thought Ive read that they have policies that in case you ever did use force, they have lawyers and everything ready for you to use?
USCCA

This is what I use for my wife and I.

It's like $80 a month for the best package for us.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
USCCA

This is what I use for my wife and I.

It's like $80 a month for the best package for us.
I was looking at CCW Safe as well, it looks like they might have better coverage numbers but I'll do more research while I'm waiting the likely months for Illinois to process the application. :fu:

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
What do you all do when you come to a place where they dont allow carry, do you just toss it in the glovebox, or so some of you have a safe/lockbox of some sort in the car to put the gun into?

Or better yet do you just not frequent those locations?

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
What do you all do when you come to a place where they dont allow carry, do you just toss it in the glovebox, or so some of you have a safe/lockbox of some sort in the car to put the gun into?

Or better yet do you just not frequent those locations?
depends. if I can go somewhere else, I do.

or I leave it in the vehicle hidden (you could get one of those small safes that wire to the car seat for under it). usually I only leave it in the vehicle if its like a school or somewhere that you can get into big trouble for carrying.

or just carry it anyways. especially if they don't have an official sticker with the law # on it. if they don't follow the laws on labeling a no carry area properly, then you can legally still carry. but they can ask you to leave the property.

it's concealed....nobody should know you have it anyways. granted printing is legal in illlinois, I avoid printing as much as possible.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
^^^ What he said.

I recommend getting insurance, though. Rule of thumb, you're response for every round you fire. Even if you stop the thread, but, manage to cause property damage, still on you for the damages and you will most likely get sued.

USCCA, CCW Safe, US Law Shield, Second Call are all good and are different in terms of benefits and pricing.

If a place I go to has a legal no firearm sign, I will lock the firearm in my glove box, even if it means me walking back to the car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom