3800 When is it time to let go...

well, my car is at 114k miles already. the car is awesome and i don't regret modding, i still have some stuff i am going to put on it. it just seems that alot of little stuff is starting to happen, my blower motor resistor is out, my windows hardly work, the black insulator stuff around the windows is deteriating and now my windows fog up bad sometimes, my power steering fluid is starting to leak alot now. i mean, is it going to get to the point of always things breaking. i can't afford a nice car anyways, i am lucky to have this car. i guess i'll just keep trying to make this thing run well.

z

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
if you love the gtp so much, why dont you get a beater car?
slowly work on getting the GTP to where you want it, the less you drive it the longer it will last.
thats what i did, im pimpin my 93 Geo prizm and its the most reliable car ive owned. (same thing as a camry, under a cheap label)
insurance costs me $22 a month for liability, and i get 35+ MPG in it.

Yea...its acually a smart idea....my pops always asked me why i keep the gtp as a daily driver.....get another car...you know...cheap but respectable...cheap on insurance...and just build up the gtp and have it as a race car...or a car you take out in the summer on nice days....not as a daily driver...

I do think about doing it....just don't have room for another car....:(

Tom

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
I know how you feel Zack.. I think about giving up as well and just get something that i like. I'm more then halfway done paying and i know you dont make payments so If you are up to giving up the prix then go ahead. Its your decision, but make sure you get a car that you can also mod and have fun with.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
That's pretty much what happend to me zach. I just got to the point one day after modding where i realized, things broke that i kept needing to replace. I finally looked at how much i had spent on the car and realized it just wasn't worth it anymore. Now that's just what my opinion was and i went out and bought a grand am which has given me minimal maintainence probs, so in the end i was happy. Later down the road towards the end of college i'll get a nice new car, but for now that's where i stand. Good luck with your choices and what you need to do. If you keep it, i agree, get a beater for your daily driver, it will cut down on your spending for the prix and costs. cheap gas too! :headbang:

F

fastcash

Originally posted by xttc2000@Jan 30 2005, 09:46 PM
if you love the gtp so much, why dont you get a beater car?
slowly work on getting the GTP to where you want it, the less you drive it the longer it will last.
thats what i did, im pimpin my 93 Geo prizm and its the most reliable car ive owned. (same thing as a camry, under a cheap label)
insurance costs me $22 a month for liability, and i get 35+ MPG in it.
[snapback]69602[/snapback]​

my stepfather owned a 93 geo metro. 5 bucks a week he would spend on gas. eventually he lost second gear, then 5 months later 3rd went. he got hit three times in that car. paid 700 for it, and received about 2100 in insurance money. gotta love beaters. B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info