🥶 When is everybody putting on their snow tires?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
still rocking the summers!!

This is what I love about my Alpin P4 winters. They are a performance winter tire. So they are perfectly happy to run around during the warmer days we've been having. But if we get a cold snap, or winter blizzard I'm still set and can get through just about anything.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Winter tire mode engaged.

Summer tires have been washed, examined, and put to bed in their Tire totes.

50585395182_c3596be1cf_o.jpg

50585396362_2364b1b2cd_o.jpg

Summer's have some life left in them. Not much, maybe a season.
50585278766_56d37786a7_o.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I've had 2 stones kill the finish on two of my Forged OEM rims. Pisses me off because otherwise they are PERFECT. These stones blasted down to the bare aluminum. And that enamel on there is THICK as fuck.

I was hoping to sell them at a premium price to fund a set of OZ Leggera HLTs in 18" diameter when the OEM tires wore out. They would save me over 7lbs per rim. YUGE weight savings.

Instead now I'll have to take a hit.

Good thing I have a 2nd full set of OEM Forged rims from the first RS!!!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Worst part is the salt you guys get. Cars down here can look brand new after 10 years instead of being rust buckets if they're driven in the winter.

Don't forget about potholes, too. I don't miss them.

yup my grandpas old 2003 Mercury grand Marquis has not a single spot of rust on it and has sat outside forever in south Ft Myers. Granted it’s only got 50k on it but still that same car up here would have rusted to bits from just being in the weather.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Worst part is the salt you guys get. Cars down here can look brand new after 10 years instead of being rust buckets if they're driven in the winter.

Don't forget about potholes, too. I don't miss them.
No problems with cars from near the ocean? Figured that would fuck cars up eventually.

also cars from here are spotless even with snow. Salt really fucks cars so bad, it’s sad. My Yukon has over 200k and is 17 years old. Things come apart easily with hand tools.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
No, I rarely see rusty cars near me and I'm half a mile from the Gulf. It's the sun that is the main danger. Park in shade/garage or the paint will eventually go through the clear coat.

I think the cars that are up there that survive the rust are either well painted/protected models or don't drive in the salt often.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info