When did Taylor Swift get her grammys done?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Nothing wrong with buying kids tickets to see her for any occasion.

Only issue i have is people paying $2-3000 to watch a 33 year old sing whos already worth 400 million dollars... That's crazy.

Now THAT'S a gift! :ROFLMAO:
Thats not what she made on ticket sales though, thats what people were asking due to demand from the tickets they bought.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Thats not what she made on ticket sales though, thats what people were asking due to demand from the tickets they bought.
I was just arguing with one of my guys about 2 months ago on something similar. He brought up how much money Bad Bunny and Marc Anthony were making on their concerts. Separate concerts, they didnt tour together, but he went to both and paid thousands for each concert to sit up front. He read what each tour was expected to gross and was arguing with me that they each were making that amount of money. I tried explaining to him, that the cost of the venue, transporting and setting up/tearing down the stage, backup dancers, DJ's, security, etc all gets paid out of that gross income. He told me I was wrong lol
He was also convinced the thousands people like him paid on the secondary market went to the artists as well.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I was just arguing with one of my guys about 2 months ago on something similar. He brought up how much money Bad Bunny and Marc Anthony were making on their concerts. Separate concerts, they didnt tour together, but he went to both and paid thousands for each concert to sit up front. He read what each tour was expected to gross and was arguing with me that they each were making that amount of money. I tried explaining to him, that the cost of the venue, transporting and setting up/tearing down the stage, backup dancers, DJ's, security, etc all gets paid out of that gross income. He told me I was wrong lol
He was also convinced the thousands people like him paid on the secondary market went to the artists as well.
We paid face value on our tickets by chance. Tickets were still expensive, about $400 per/with fees. Not cheap, but not nearly as much as it would have cost on the 2nd hand market.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
My 12 year old drew TS.

IMG_20230927_084133_444.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
semi-on-topic...the records that she's setting with this tour are fucking ridiculous. 146 shows, will gross well over $2b (current record is held by Elton John and is $940m for 330 shows over 5 years, WHAT)

They added dates in indianapolis for november 2024 so I looked just for the hell of it. Absolute garbage seats are $1000 and the Fri/Sat shows are mostly sold out already. 14...months...early.....

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
semi-on-topic...the records that she's setting with this tour are fucking ridiculous. 146 shows, will gross well over $2b (current record is held by Elton John and is $940m for 330 shows over 5 years, WHAT)

They added dates in indianapolis for november 2024 so I looked just for the hell of it. Absolute garbage seats are $1000 and the Fri/Sat shows are mostly sold out already. 14...months...early.....
I bought tickets to Metallica at Soldier Field last year in Nov 2022 for shows in August 2024. It was nearly 2 full years before the show and still 11 months away.

• Yikes
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I was reading an article that the cheap seats are up to $7k now at some venues. What's happening is this is turning into a social media badge of honor to be able to post from and after flood your IG feed with pics of you and your people at the swifty concert. Kids are just killing for the chance to go just to be able to post about it the next day. My daughter is 13 (not a swifty) and says that a ton of the girls in her grade went and are like local middle school social media celebs now.

So sad what younger people find important these days.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I was reading an article that the cheap seats are up to $7k now at some venues. What's happening is this is turning into a social media badge of honor to be able to post from and after flood your IG feed with pics of you and your people at the swifty concert. Kids are just killing for the chance to go just to be able to post about it the next day. My daughter is 13 (not a swifty) and says that a ton of the girls in her grade went and are like local middle school social media celebs now.

So sad what younger people find important these days.
I'm pretty indifferent on TS but with how nutso the stats are on this tour, I'd go just to see what all the hype is about and to see a tour that's setting records that will probably stand for a long long time. BUT i'm not spending $4k for two crappy seats.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I'm pretty indifferent on TS but with how nutso the stats are on this tour, I'd go just to see what all the hype is about and to see a tour that's setting records that will probably stand for a long long time. BUT i'm not spending $4k for two crappy seats.
You'll quickly see about 40,000 15 year olds not watching the concert but actually turned away from the concert with their phones pointing at themselves while they are attempting to capture their joy as Taylor sings some nothing song in the background...LOL

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
what is truly, truly crazy to me is the economics & scale of it. Average 72,000 attendance per show, 146 shows. That's 10.5 MILLION people paying what if you average it out....$2500/seat? If the cheapest seats in indianapolis are $1k, $2500 is probably low but whatever.

how the hell can that many people afford such an expensive show. it's lunacy

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
In her defense, shes been relevant for about two decades at this point.

I mean even if you're not a fan of her music, you have to respect that she's a fucking legend that's constantly doing things never done before in the industry. This chick may very well become a billionaire from her music by age 35, certainly before 40. Elton john has been performing 50 years and is worth about half that

again...the scale of her accomplishments is almost incomprehensible....it's nuts

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Shes actually very generous. I heard she bonused her entire crew a couple of million total or something like that.

The singer recently handed out $55 million in bonuses to everyone working on her tour — from the dancers and sound crew, to catering staff and truck drivers. “These men and women, they live on the road."

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
What surprises me is that she allows the price gouging ticket sales . She has enough money.
99% of that shit is re-selling seats, how the fuck would she have control over that?

If the tickets at sale cost a few hundred, and a place like stubhub is selling them for $2,000 its because someone is listing their tickets for that price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info