When a new car comes into the dealer, what happens???

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
If its a brand new car, we just used to do a quick wash and throw it on the lot. Didn't even remove a lot of the protective crap until someone bought it.

For pre-owned cars that we got from auction, we used to do a quick wash, plastic "courtesy mats", dealer sticker on back, dealer plates and frame. And vacuum the interior if it was really messy, but usually not.

This was all at Packey Webb Ford, BTW.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
it is a different process if the car is presold, compared to just being placed on the lot. every car has to go through a pdi (pre delivery inspection) where all of the functions are checked for proper operation: i.e. windows work, seats operate, and the navi is programmed.... most of, if not all the plastic protection is removed (as per customer request for pre sold cars) and they usually install the front plate bracket now.then the vehicle is test driven to ensure proper operation of the engine and transmission and to check for squeaks and rattles. the vehicle is usually taken to a gas station at this point to be filled up (sadly usually with the cheapest fuel they can buy) and it is taken back to the dealership for a quick wash to get any delivery debries off of it, and to check for surface imperfections. once it passes these tests if the car is presold, the owner is usually there by this point to take delivery of the car and enjoy

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
I believe that at the local BMW dealerships they take the cars out to I-90 and 53 and run the on-ramps for 45 minutes then head south on 290 at WOT until the rings seat. Then they head to the tri-state to test the suspension. When they're all done they pee in the trunk, spray some air freshener in it and chuck it out on the lot. For the special order cars they do the whole prep process without any pants or underwear after a breakfast of 6 month old 7-11 breakfast burritos.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I work basically across the street from BMW North America, on Commerce in Schaumburg. I dont really know what they do there but I see them unload BMW's from enclosed trucks all the time. I see BMW's FLYING around all the time. maybe there testing them out, maybe this is the dealer prep. Who knows but it seems every hour or so I see another BMW fly past my window. I saw a few new M3's this week, three pretty nice.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I believe that at the local BMW dealerships they take the cars out to I-90 and 53 and run the on-ramps for 45 minutes then head south on 290 at WOT until the rings seat. Then they head to the tri-state to test the suspension. When they're all done they pee in the trunk, spray some air freshener in it and chuck it out on the lot. For the special order cars they do the whole prep process without any pants or underwear after a breakfast of 6 month old 7-11 breakfast burritos.

:rofl:

When I ordered my car, They told me they had to do the inspection before handing it over to me. From what I understand they washed it, drilled 2 holes in my front bumper for a front plate :( Forgot to tell them not to) and When I walked up, I watched the guy stall my new car 3 times trying to park it up front :( and it had about 1.3miles on the car.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I work basically across the street from BMW North America, on Commerce in Schaumburg. I dont really know what they do there but I see them unload BMW's from enclosed trucks all the time. I see BMW's FLYING around all the time. maybe there testing them out, maybe this is the dealer prep. Who knows but it seems every hour or so I see another BMW fly past my window. I saw a few new M3's this week, three pretty nice.

I drive by that place everyday on my way to work, and they seem to always be flying around, but in the mornings, I see a BMW's full of shop-dressed people, so I think it is a factory training center sort of thing..........Oh and they have a few of those new 1-series over there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info