Wheaton Police are getting a bit scary

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
NHTSA doesnt care about whether your HID retro'ed car has projectors or not. If it came with HID's factory, the car is legit. If it didnt, it is not.

Projectors or housings dont come into it.

IMO, if the cops in Wheaton/Anytown IL were busting people for mods the word would be out before the operation even went down.Methinks the Integras you saw were busted racing. Had there been a tow truck with all 3 cars and an assload of police around, then your claim may have some credence.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Guys with projector conversions rip on people without them not because they care about blinding other motorists, but because they need to be superior to them because they spent more money. I have seen plenty of cars with HID swaps and have yet to be blinded. The stock low beams from trucks are worse.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Guys with projector conversions rip on people without them not because they care about blinding other motorists, but because they need to be superior to them because they spent more money. I have seen plenty of cars with HID swaps and have yet to be blinded. The stock low beams from trucks are worse.

The stock low beams from trucks also light up more road then say your car or mine with HIDs. :tear:

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Because HID bulbs were designed to be slapped into halogen housings....projectors are a gimmick way for manufacturers to increase the price of the car to the consumer.

Please continue the ignorant excuses, lovin' the reverse hate for modding correctly, very entertaining. :)

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Because HID bulbs were designed to be slapped into halogen housings....projectors are a gimmick way for manufacturers to increase the price of the car to the consumer.

Please continue the ignorant excuses, lovin' the reverse hate for modding correctly, very entertaining. :)

so you are saying my dads 01' 3.2 CL type S is all wrong from the factory because it has HID's and no projectors.... awesome

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info