• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What's wrong with this picture?

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Let's face it. If you're an automotive mechanic then you're not making "big bucks". At least not while working a normal 40 hour work week.

I make a pretty damn good living, but I'm not book. I'm hourly and don't just wrench, I plow and do general shit around the buildings. Average week is 45-50 hours.

Side jobs is were the good money is at! 55/hr all In my pocket!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Only automotive guys I know that make more than me work at union dealers and book over 50 hrs a week... the mom and pop shops that are similar to us, the guys seem to only make ~$50k at top rate...

Now of course your definition of good money may differ from mine, but I know what tim makes and visa versa and he's definition is spot on with mine

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
That's basically automotive. It's not that different by any means, unless you are working on something in the scale of ships and immense powerplants. Definitely not a jet mechanic or something of the sort when it comes to pay scale.

He's a typical diesel dude. He doesn't associate with automotive because he's diesel. :rolleyes:

Fuckin Alux

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Only automotive guys I know that make more than me work at union dealers and book over 50 hrs a week... the mom and pop shops that are similar to us, the guys seem to only make ~$50k at top rate...

Now of course your definition of good money may differ from mine, but I know what tim makes and visa versa and he's definition is spot on with mine

Yup, I make my own hours though. But like I said, I like doing side jobs, cash money 55/hr. 2 - 4 a month brings in alot of extra fuck you money a month. My old lady makes DICK to me.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Semi trucks all still use drum brakes.

Ya don't say?

mqdefault.jpg

BTW disc's are becoming pretty popular on class 7 and 8!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info