What's up with my F150

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Today I ran out of gas . 2011 , 5.0 coyote 4x4 . As the truck was coasting I put it in neutral and turned key off . I coasted for about 100 feet and all of the sudden something started grinding like I put it in park or grinding gears . It sounds really bad .

So I got fuel and truck was ok .

Tried to duplicate the problem .

Driving at speed , put in neutral , coast . All is good .

Driving at speed , put it in neutral , /// turn key off /// start to coast a little bit , . And the same grinding happened .

What going on with my truck ? You can't coast in neutral with the truck off . :dunno: :thinking: :confused:

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Today I ran out of gas . 2011 , 5.0 coyote 4x4 . As the truck was coasting I put it in neutral . I coasted for about 100 feet and all of the sudden something started grinding like I put it in park or grinding gears . It sounds really bad .

So I got fuel and truck was ok .

Tried to duplicate the problem .

Driving at speed , put in neutral , coast . All is good .

Driving at speed , put it in neutral , /// turn key off /// start to coast a little bit , . And the same grinding happened .

What going on with my truck ? You can't coast in neutral with the truck off . :dunno: :thinking: :confused:

Different year F150 but maybe same issue?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/262580-coasting-engine-off-front-grind.html

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
It was just something I did . Truck was not running and coasting and as I was slowing down I turned key off to kill the dash lights .

Still I think it's stupid that you can't move the truck in neutral with key off without grinding .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info