What's up with 5G?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
the theory is that 5G (not 5 ghz like home wifi) can cause cancer and weaken the immune system when subject to the mmWave 5G.

look, this shit has been in use for years to decades in the long distance wireless sector and WISPs all over the country. They are also used to rural WISPs. We use them for long range camera setups. Its extremely finicky and to get the best signal, has to be Line of Sight, otherwise you are getting a weak signal that is being bounced off buildings.

The term mmWave refers to a specific part of the radio frequency spectrum between 24GHz and 100GHz, which have a very short wavelength. This section of the spectrum is pretty much unused, so mmWave technology aims to greatly increase the amount of bandwidth available. Lower frequencies are more heavily congested with TV and radio signals, as well as current 4G LTE networks, which typically sit between 800 and 3,000MHz. Another upside of this short wavelength is that it can transfer data even faster, though its transfer distance is shorter.

5G-mmWave-bandwidths.jpg

In a nutshell, lower frequency bands cover much greater distances but offer slower data speeds, while high-frequency bands cover much smaller areas but can carry much more data. MmWave is just part of the 5G picture, but carriers are particularly fond of talking about it because it allows for extremely high bandwidth and shows off the most impressive data speed figures.

Ionising-wavelengths.jpg

The FCC’s FR safety regulations apply all the way up to 100GHz, so mmWave 5G devices are bound by the same safety standards and energy limits as existing 4G LTE, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi products. According to research, a 60GHz mmWave outputting a whopping 50W/m2 of power (which wouldn’t be close to passing FCC regulations) only raises skin temperature by 0.8 degrees Celsius, which is below the IEEE standards temperature threshold of 1 degree Celsius for mmWave radiation guideline

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Tell that to the cops who used to rest radar guns in their laps and now have testicular cancer.
I'm gonna say lower frequency range, so longer wavelength allow it to penetrate. Not sure about the difference in power levels. I'll leave the specifics up to Lord Tin Foilhat tinfoilhat. His knowledge is far superior on this than mine.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
A guy I just met at work today was telling someone that with 5G “they” can tell where you are even if you don’t have your phone on you. I wanted to ask him to elaborate but have already had a wacky Trump is behind the corona virus conversation this week and just didn’t have the energy.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Tell that to the cops who used to rest radar guns in their laps and now have testicular cancer.

Non-ionizing radiation(radio waves) can heat soft tissue if close enough to the antenna and with enough power. So maybe with the directional antenna and whatever power they run, they were slowly cooking their balls on a regular basis for years on end? Maybe. Is there any data that backs up that claim to begin with?

As for 5G, it's the same idea. Maybe if you hold your head a foot away from the antenna on the tower for extended periods, you could run into issues?

People have been making these exact claims for as long as cell phones have been around though. "Everyone's going to get brain cancer!!"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info