What's the lowest cost of entry for a gated manual vehicle you can find currently?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
this is going to be tough because it's not like most people would advertise using the words "gated manual"

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
not many cars out there with gated manuals under $100K . older Ferrari , fist gen R8 , first gen Gallardo

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
okay thanks for your submission

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Those all look so miserable to drive though :rofl:

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised 308's have jumped that much. I could've sworn, a couple years ago, you could buy 308's for mid $20K

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Those all look so miserable to drive though :rofl:
i remember when i was at the auction place and i'd see a ferrari on the docket... on an "off day"

at first id get excited. then i could almost be 100% sure it was going to be a mondial.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
214 hp of fury 1980-1982.

0-60 slower than a freight train.
:rofl:

(9.4 seconds)

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
355 is one of my favorite Ferraris...but I'm pretty sure I remember reading they are HORRIBLE to own...the engine HAS to be pulled every 3 or so years IIRC for service, for example...and that is rather pricey unless you can do it yourself.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
355 is one of my favorite Ferraris...but I'm pretty sure I remember reading they are HORRIBLE to own...the engine HAS to be pulled every 3 or so years IIRC for service, for example...and that is rather pricey unless you can do it yourself.
I mean, that's most Ferrari's, but I do remember also reading the 355 was especially bad.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Also I'm fairly sure the tops were off the entire time, because Tom Selleck wouldn't have fit otherwise. Shit I sat in one, and I'm only 5'11" on a good day, and I barely fit.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
On that rally we did I was shocked to see this thing as the camera car. Like mentioned, I though these things were highly problematic. So let's take it on a rally! haha The license plate is great though.

It is so small too. The camera guy was really nice. But he was a heavy set dude. So seeing him hanging out of the car for pics was funny in itself. lol20190305_133242.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
didn't doug whatshisface have one for a while?

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
When it comes to maintenance, on a lot of cars step one is remove the engine. lol They are designed that way so taking them out isn't horrible in most cases. Easier to spend 3 hours taking it out than trying to do an impossible task in an engine bay with no access.

I have seen someone drill into a bumper of a Ferarri, with the owner's approval, to save hours in R&R on a bumper to drain a differential. So ya, maintenance on some of these cars is a little labor intensive. :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom