3800 Whats the gig on PCMs?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by rob@Sep 12 2005, 11:47 PM

If you send your PCM in to DHP or HP. Do they use the same software as their selling to override your PCM? Are you buying what they use?
[snapback]97636[/snapback]​
DHP, has the official/professional equipment

the other company(which will remain Nameless), uses the tuner you buy, to re-programm your PCM.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
If you send your PCM in to DHP or HP. Do they use the same software as their selling to override your PCM? Are you buying what they use?

the other company(which will remain Nameless), uses the tuner you buy, to re-programm your PCM.
[snapback]97639[/snapback]​
[/quot

What is the way to go? I see there is a $100 difference.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan

[/quot

What is the way to go? I see there is a $100 difference.
[snapback]97646[/snapback]​

Ummm I would guess the official/professional way.............. Because they are the official professionals.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
I have the DHP PowrTuner and love it, it is great to have such a strong tool in the palm of your hands. Each of these competitors have strenghts and weaknesses. I preferred the DHP because they are a sponser to ILGPC in addition they are very easy to get a hold of when it comes to support issues with the programming. They have a great wealth of knowledge of what they are doing, and that makes me feel much more comfortable while custom tuning...

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Sep 12 2005, 11:56 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Sep 12 2005, 11:47 PM

[/b]

enlighten me on what the "offcial/professional" way is.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Kyle+Sep 13 2005, 01:44 PM-->
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Sep 12 2005, 11:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-rob

[snapback]97715[/snapback]​
[/b]

What im asking is if I was too sent my PCM to a popular vender, will it be overwritten on either a DHP or the other band? Or are they using more powerful equipment. I confident DHP will support my needs. Im fishing for comments or CONSTRUCTIVE input on these tools.
Thanks.

Sorry, I dont know what your getting at.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Kyle+Sep 13 2005, 01:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob

[/b]
feeling bad today, huh? "YOU" added (way is), which was Never posted by "ME"!
What do you mean by that? I said "equipment", and you working at Caspers should know what professional (equipment) looks like by now, if you have learned anything at this point. Maybe not. Now go have Justin take care of what we talked about the other day. I will be calling tomm about this, because it still has not been taken care of at this point in time. Bye. :D

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Sep 14 2005, 05:31 PM-->
Originally posted by Kyle@Sep 13 2005, 01:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-rob

feeling bad today, huh? "YOU" added (way is), which was Never posted by "ME"!
What do you mean by that? I said "equipment", and you working at Caspers should know what professional (equipment) looks like by now, if you have learned anything at this point. Maybe not. Now go have Justin take care of what we talked about the other day. I will be calling tomm about this, because it still has not been taken care of at this point in time. Bye. :D
[snapback]97966[/snapback]​
[/b]

sorry i misunderstood then, i thought u were comparing the actual tuners themselves.

my mistake, now please try not to be so condisending.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by Fish@Sep 13 2005, 12:13 AM
From what I see, the HPTuners looks like windows 3.1 and I havent seen any DHP PT screens.
[snapback]97633[/snapback]​

doesn't look too 3.1ish to me :D more 2.0ish :p
flash (integrated into the editor, provides full writes for changing OS or partial calibration only writes)
20_flash.jpg

compare (also allows differences to be exported and then reimported for "canned" tunes)
20_compare.jpg

scanner (with customizable PIDs, customizable histogram, data filtering, high/low limits)
20_scanner.JPG

editor (tab style navigation or tree style navigation available)
20_editor.JPG

some of the items appear grayed out because it's comparing a GTP PCM to an LS1 PCM

HP Tuners does not provide tuning however (meaning send the PCM in and they send back a modified PCM... it's up to you to learn how to tune)
(though they do provide alot of advice to people on fullthrottlev6.com, ls1tech.com and hptuners.com).

Whatever you decide the extra inputs for external sensors are a must IMHO , tuning w/a wideband is so much quicker and accurate than tuning off the narrowbands (may want to look into an LC-1 by innovate motorsports) w/a wideband and HPT I've tuned heads/cam LS1s in under an hour , both part throttle and WOT ... (no dyno, just relying on the wideband and knock sensors for feedback)

Regarding what software HPT uses... they do indeed use the same hardware and software that is publicly available to tune their own LS1/LS2 and 3800 based vehicles (and soon ecotec motors and a few other items) ... no need to use "professional" equipment (Tech II?) when the hardware/software that they provide does the job just fine (and is of professional calibur as many speed shops can attest to)... it's the same hardware and software that many speed shops use for V6 and V8s (speed Inc, Texas Speed & Performance, I believe Thunder Racing also)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info