• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What's the fastest eaton 03/04 out there?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Curious as to what the fastest 03/04 eaton is going. Don't care if it's auto/stick IRS/solid. More or less if it's got spray or not. Thanks!
High 9's is the fastest I've read about personally. Here's the post, very crappy DA to boot (LVMS):

Hey Guys! I'm Frank,
I'm not much of the type to post on the boards much- I don't like drama, what I do like is going FAST! with a bit of a challenge (just ask Alex) and I really like how people always ask me "How I Did It" or "that's impossible". I see that optimization is key.
I'm very secretive and I'm just usually the shadow in the back ground because I don't like to step on anyone elses toes and I figured it's a waste of space if I posted one of my 10 second passes (My old setup was IRS 6spd, stock fuel system 10.74@129 race weight of 3930). I'm not new to the racing scene, I do my home work, and I try to be really dedicated as much as I can in what I do. I've have had my Terminator for about four years now and Alex and I have done everything to it, from building the engine to setting up the rear suspension to doing to auto conversion and tuning it, I just happen to be a bit methodical.
I'd like to say that this board has gave me a good foundation about modular fords
ilovemf.gif
However, for those of you that know me know that I've been fighting the stock eaton war for the longest time (I guess you can say since I've bought my car
imao.gif
)...
Last night it finally paid off! My full weight 3650lb race weight cobra, with not a single pound of weight reduction (well-weight reduction which I would consider untasteful)
that has the spare tire in the trunk has finally gone 9.93@136!
cool.gif
(Well, 135.80
rofl.gif
)For those of you that know LVMS, you know the air kinda sucks, the day was a 4400ft day and 95 degrees out. I started out in TNT going 10.1@134 twice like it was clock work, I thought it had it in her but my best buddy Alex (SVTboy) and Dana from VWR knew it had it last night to go a 9, Dana went out of his way to bring me 2 bags of ice. My girl got off work and immediately brought me 6 more bags.
They spent hours helping me cool my car down, charge my battery, while I made sure everything else was going to be on point. It ended up being the last pass of the night when I went the 9.93. It Eclipsed the 60' in 1.4 Seconds Flat. The eight in [email protected] and as I said above a 9.9!!!
Special Thanks to everyone that helped out!
My partner Alex from Voodoo for putting up with my shit all these years!
Dana Westover from VWR for always being there!!!
My Girl for all the nights of support while I worked and she stayed home!
I'm sure I'm missing some people, but all the people that came by to help, THANKS THANKS THANKS!!! You guys helped make this happen!!!

As for my mods, well since I do have countless nights of R&D, I'm usually a bit hesitant to give out the info...but I'll share what I have with you guys because this is the board where I've gained knowledge about mod motors.

It's an '03 Cobra of course
wink.gif

The car has full weight for the most part, what I consider to be tasteful (which is my opinion) weight reduction is taking out a part and replacing it with a lighter part that's just as durable if not more (Like Replacing K members, A Arms, etc). I don't have the heart to hack up a car that I love so dearly.
I have my stereo in it and I do bump it all the way down the track.
4.6L Built by Alex and me.
Stiegemeier Stage 4 Port (Thanks Stiegemeier for having a product that works, this blower has been through some punishment over the years!)
Ported 03 Cobra Heads done by Virtual Works Racing
Custom Ground Comp Cams
Hooker Headers
Dynomax Mufflers
60LB Injectors
150 Shot worth of laughing gas
baby.gif

BAP (The frikken thing works- It's hard to believe, but it does)
My Tune
QA1 Tubular K member and arms
QA1 Coil Overs
Granatelli Subframe connectors welded in by BSR Fabrications
MMR Upper Control Arms
Custom Lower Control Arms
Suspension Tuning by Alex
4R70W built by Performance Transmission Las Vegas by Len
(I didn't want to do this either, but the frikken T56 broke
mad2.gif
and it was a bit spendy for a G force gear set that I didn't know if it would have definitely ensured survival )
Precision Converter
Some offbrand camber plates that I got as a gift
FRPP Driveshaft
Solid Axle (Trust me guys, I didn't want to do it but I broke 10 halfshafts from the last two years with the 6spd and it was getting a bit spendy, just ask Alex)
Welded Axle tubes from BSR Fabrications
Strange 31 Spline Axles
31 Spline FRPP Diff
JLT RAI

Dang, I didn't think my car had that many mods to it...wow!
dance4.gif

I'm sure I'm still forgetting something, but you guys have the jist to it.

Anyways Good talking to you guys,
Frank
Attached Images
attachment.php

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Well, I know of a guy that ran a 10.48 @ 132.93 w/ 1.58 Stage 5 eaton, stock internals, upgraded half shafts, 6spd, IRS, and supporting mods.

His best time on NOS was 10.09 @ 134.52 w/ a 1.43.

Imagine if the driver of this Cobra had the mods Frank had, i.e Cams, Ported Heads, etc.

Some fast times out there, and some great drivers.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Well, I know of a guy that ran a 10.48 @ 132.93 w/ 1.58 Stage 5 eaton, stock internals, upgraded half shafts, 6spd, IRS, and supporting mods.

His best time on NOS was 10.09 @ 134.52 w/ a 1.43.

Imagine if the driver of this Cobra had the mods Frank had, i.e Cams, Ported Heads, etc.

Some fast times out there, and some great drivers.
Did he run that with a 4400 ft. DA?

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
I was reading about that guy on csvt, not bad!

A friend of mine's got a 284ci with ported heads and stage 3 cams along with a stage 4 eaton. And we have a C4 with a brake and modular bell sitting around and we're tossing the idea around as well as doing a dry kit back on it as well. It's full weight IRS with a brace.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info