• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What's the fastest eaton 03/04 out there?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
so what dont you all believe? :dunno:
Who said there was something we didn't believe?

yea I guess you can interpret it that way too. Ive just stumbled on and been sent quite a few links of non believers so I guess I just look at it that way.

I actually googled something and noticed a line form this site thats why I signed up!
Well then that's your own problem if you're so defensive that you're pre-supposing we were thinking your times were BS or that there was some magic secret reason for your times.

We were all merely excited to:

1) Get to MIR and see a bunch of fast Cobras in action and wrap it around a group road trip.
2) Be able to represent our area with a consistent running 9.1 (9.1 in midwest DA's, not MIR air) that was capable of winning it all.
3) Get to see some of the fastest cars in the country (both outright fastest and fastest for their mods).

Whomever linked you here and also assumed we were non-believers is just as guilty of erroneous assumptions as you are.

The right combination and optimization of power, weight, traction, gearing, weather, track prep and driving are always involved in record setting cars and we were all curious as to what combination was responsible in your success.

My $0.02 (and I think I can speak for the whole group of us that was making the trip). Carry on.

BADASS03SVT

Jan 7, 2010
Well then that's your own problem if you're so defensive that you're pre-supposing we were thinking your times were BS or that there was some magic secret reason for your times.

We were all merely excited to:

1) Get to MIR and see a bunch of fast Cobras in action and wrap it around a group road trip.
2) Be able to represent our area with a car that was capable of winning it all.
3) Get to see some of the fastest cars in the country (both outright fastest and fastest for their mods).

Whomever linked you here and also assumed we were non-believers is just as guilty or erroneas assumptions as you are.

The right combination and optimization of power, weight, traction, gearing, and driving are always involved in record setting cars and we were all curious as to what combination was responsible in your success.

My $0.02 (and I think I can speak for the whole group of us that was making the trip). Carry on.

I guess the "we will check the car out" part was it thats all...no harm no foul. there are more people out there that go against you than for you because everyone knows all on the internet. lol

anything you want to know Ill share...I post almost everything I don on ModFords as a learning experience for myself and anyone else. this IS the first car Ive ever done anything besides a CAI and catback so Im learning as well.

sorry if I came in the wrong way...wasnt my intention at all and I should have come in differently.

I hope we do the shootout this year...it will be nice to have some good close competition!

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I guess the "we will check the car out" part was it thats all...no harm no foul. there are more people out there that go against you than for you because everyone knows all on the internet. lol

anything you want to know Ill share...I post almost everything I don on ModFords as a learning experience for myself and anyone else. this IS the first car Ive ever done anything besides a CAI and catback so Im learning as well.

sorry if I came in the wrong way...wasnt my intention at all and I should have come in differently.

I hope we do the shootout this year...it will be nice to have some good close competition!
The fact of the matter is, I don't think we even have a local 10 second Eaton car, let alone a 9 second car and we posted what we did because for once we'd actually be at the same track with many of the record setting cars we see post on the internet and have the opportunity to "talk shop" with alot of the guys and undoubtedly learn alot in the process. :headbang: Glad we all understand each other now. :biggthump

The 9.1 car has been sold, but hopefully some of the remaining local 03-04 Cobra guys (myself included), will be able to make it out to the Terminator Shootout in 2010.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
so what dont you all believe? :dunno:

I dont think they are questioning it at all, we were all just really wanting to see these cars in person

I guess the "we will check the car out" ...

Ya, sorry Jake, that was not what was meant at all. We often are short in our responses, it's black and white, no emotion. As you know we are a local forum, we all "hang out," so we all know and get each other. We weren't knocking the car, just excited like GNXS said to be able to see all these cars we all read about. My car is up for sale, no hurry, but if it's around in 2010, we'll most likely make the trek east.

BADASS03SVT

Jan 7, 2010
There is still more left on the table in the short time of that car judging by the time slip. Maybe another tenth to be gained if it leaves harder and 60 foots bottom 1.30s.

That's SICK fast for a Eaton car...

oh it deff has one more tenth if I can get it to go 1.34-1.35s. I still have a "hop" in the first 5 feet of launching the car. its not as smooth as it needs to be. check it out in SLO-MO

BADASS03SVT

Jan 7, 2010
Yea I see what your saying. What kinda suspension setup do you have on the car ? What rear end and gear ?

Upr dbl adj upper /adj lowers
gt springs cut 1 coil
arb
strange 10 ways full loose

8.8 rear, stock length
33 spline strange axles
strange spool
4.10s

that rear is sold...new one is

8.8 rear shortened 3" on each side
33 spline axles w/ lightened flanges
spool
lightened 4.10s

not much different but I was hoping to save some rotating mass...and the new wheels should each be 3-4lbs lighter also.

B

Boost12

Upr dbl adj upper /adj lowers
gt springs cut 1 coil
arb
strange 10 ways full loose

8.8 rear, stock length
33 spline strange axles
strange spool
4.10s

that rear is sold...new one is

8.8 rear shortened 3" on each side
33 spline axles w/ lightened flanges
spool
lightened 4.10s

not much different but I was hoping to save some rotating mass...and the new wheels should each be 3-4lbs lighter also.

Have you tried making the rear settings stiffer ? Normally running them all the way soft is not the correct setting from what Ive been through :dunno:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
no need to be sorry guys! its all good

Now, I know him... and he WAS being a smart ass.

I have not launched on a solid, but to me, it looks like there should be more tension in the rear. On my IRS I would load up the air bags in there to help the car plant the rear. Looks like the car is unloading, like the front wants to come up but the rear doesn't allow it to and in turn the whole body raises again.

There are more here with more experiencing.. but that's my .02

BADASS03SVT

Jan 7, 2010
Have you tried making the rear settings stiffer ? Normally running them all the way soft is not the correct setting from what Ive been through :dunno:

this is what Im told also...quite a few times this year and everytime I went up one click...I lost .01 in the 60'. one time I tried 2 clicks and I lost .03. as soon as I went back to full soft I got the 60' back. my car is f'd up I know.

watch the vid again....at least to me...it looks like the "body to tire" gap doesnt change which leads me to believe the rear is stiff enough? looks like my tires are squishing and them bouncing back up....like maybe Im hitting the tires too hard? Im still new at this so Im just taking my own guesstimate.

B

Boost12

this is what Im told also...quite a few times this year and everytime I went up one click...I lost .01 in the 60'. one time I tried 2 clicks and I lost .03. as soon as I went back to full soft I got the 60' back. my car is f'd up I know.

watch the vid again....at least to me...it looks like the "body to tire" gap doesnt change which leads me to believe the rear is stiff enough? looks like my tires are squishing and them bouncing back up....like maybe Im hitting the tires too hard? Im still new at this so Im just taking my own guesstimate.

I'm no chassis guy that's for sure and just like you I normally adjust the stuff myself when I'm @ the track. When I first built my old car I called Bob Kurgan and he told me where to set the clickers and I never looked back...

But my old car still had a slight bounce to it as well. You can see it in this VID

Still 60 footed 1.29-1.30 every pass but that bounce was annoying to watch:mad::lmao:

BADASS03SVT

Jan 7, 2010
I'm no chassis guy that's for sure and just like you I normally adjust the stuff myself when I'm @ the track. When I first built my old car I called Bob Kurgan and he told me where to set the clickers and I never looked back...

But my old car still had a slight bounce to it as well. You can see it in this VID

Still 60 footed 1.29-1.30 every pass but that bounce was annoying to watch:mad::lmao:

yours happens much quicker though!! haha nice

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
The fact of the matter is, I don't think we even have a local 10 second Eaton car, let alone a 9 second car and we posted what we did because for once we'd actually be at the same track with many of the record setting cars we see post on the internet and have the opportunity to "talk shop" with alot of the guys and undoubtedly learn alot in the process. :headbang: Glad we all understand each other now. :biggthump

The 9.1 car has been sold, but hopefully some of the remaining local 03-04 Cobra guys (myself included), will be able to make it out to the Terminator Shootout in 2010.

DRRRT Road Trip FTMFW! :cool2: :dancenana:

i may be slow but it will still be fun:biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info