Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Yum

20211215_180357.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Honey baked ham on the bone, homemade mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, brown sugar and bacon brussel sprouts (fucking delicious) and I’m on my 2nd glass of wine and 3rd New Glarus Spotted cow.
French silk pie for dessert……..I think I’ve already gained 15 lbs this weekend.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I made some homemade orange sherbet last night. Sitting in the freezer now for a rare ice cream snack. Have to crank up the insulin but it's worth it.
My step-mom makes this dessert, that I forget the name of, but enough mouthfuls and you're cruising towards the diabeeeetus. It has crushed nuts crust, and layered with whipped cream, chocolate pudding, and something else. Sometimes topped off which chopped nuts and chocolate shavings. I'll have to get the recipe, but no baking required.

Edit: found an okay pic

6C83DF2C-259F-4F93-A861-4C665B500609.jpeg

Reactions: Shawn1112 and Flyn

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, I don't have ice cream often because it is loaded with sugar and carbs but, once in a great while, it is a nice treat!
I've gotten good at not having ice cream in the fridge unless it's weather where I can be walking regularly, or on the bicycle. I need the activity to offset the spoonfuls of fat I'm shoveling into my mouth, lol. People get confused if I say that to them in person, seeing as how I'm rarely over 165lbs wet, and am 6'1". They're like "what the fuck do you to worry about?!?!"

There used to be an east-coast company called 600lb Gorillas that made some amazing ice cream sandwiches (chocolate chip cookies and vanilla bean ice cream), which I discovered at Costco (here in IL). Oh man, you couldn't eat just 2-3 in one sitting, they were so good. I'd buy 5-6 boxes (12, then 15 per box) and suck them down every day. Was fine in the summer, when I was out moving around. I stocked up right before winter, before they pulled them from the freezer. Kept up the same pace and oh man did my cholesterol start to climb, and my waist started to expand.

Unfortunately, they decided to close up shop. They got to be popular and outgrew their family run business, so they contracted out production to a larger company. The larger company didn't honor the quality portion of the contract and the product seriously suffered. Rather than deal with the legal battle and trying to find another manufacturer they just closed up shop.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have a lot of will power but it's nice to cheat once in a while. The ice cream will probably be gone in a day with Amy and, especially, my son digging in. He's also 6' and probably 155. He can eat anything and it doesn't affect him. I'll have a bowl and then forget about it. Sticking with 2 meals a day has me good for weight maintenance so I'm happy with a treat once in a while.

Thread Info