Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
They used to have a store that sold them. But it folded years ago. Every time I’ve been there since none of them have had it in the menu.

it’s been a while since I’ve been there. Maybe I’ll stop by.

tensuke sells frozen cooked okonomiyaki, and is okay, but nowhere as good as fresh.
Third are you big time into Japanese food? I'm half Japanese, like it a lot.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Third are you big time into Japanese food? I'm half Japanese, like it a lot.
Lived there for 3 months. Used to go to Kampai in Elmhurst weekly for Sushi. Now I go to Kurumaya in Elk Grove, usually get the Katsu-Don. Just something about the fried pork cutlet topped with Egg and steamed onions over sushi-rice. Yum.

I pretty much have loved everything Japanese I've ever eaten. Every once in a while I pickup some Onigiri from Tensuke for breakfast, Spicy Salmon / Tuna are my faves, but Beef, Egg, are pretty good too.

Except Natto, god damn that's disgusting. Fermented Soybeans.

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I originally went out as part of an exchange program in 1998, but later just stayed with my Host Family after the exchange program ended through the summer. I actually graduated high school, then went to Japanese High School as part of the program.

My memory of the exact city I stayed in is a bit foggy. I do remember I went to Ashitandai High school, which is in Ashikaga Tochigi. But it took me about hour to get to school each morning, about 15m walk to the train station, and 30m on the train itself, and 15m to the school. I'd have to dig up my old postcards to find out the actual address.

The student I was staying with had an older brother who owned a R32 Skyline GTR, before I really knew what a GTR was.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Kept it simple. Chili/cheese dogs with leftover homemade chili. Vienna hot dogs steamed not boiled. Steamed is the way to go if not grilling them imo.

3933A7DE-CA96-49FA-B13B-76EB504DBED1.jpeg

0217869E-E7E9-48B2-8C50-1CDA4AAE004B.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Kept it simple. Chili/cheese dogs with leftover homemade chili. Vienna hot dogs steamed not boiled. Steamed is the way to go if not grilling them imo.

View attachment 106575

View attachment 106576
Steamed FTW!!!!!! Boiled is my backup to steaming. The drawback to boiling is if you get them too hot, or go for too long, they'll split open. Steaming, should never happen. That's straight from a German sausage maker that was in the business for 60+ years.

Have to admit, I dislike chili, but keep the cheese!

If I get good hot dogs, like the 3-8pk of Vienna Beef Hot Dogs from Costco, I keep the toppings to a minimum, cause the dog on its own is quite good.

If I get something different, or if the g/f picks up something different I make sure I have jar of jalapeño cheese dip ready to heat up, so that I can either cover the dogs, or put it in a small container and dip them like fries to cover the taste ?

Reactions: Shawn1112

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

View attachment 106575

View attachment 106576
Also, I was just about to head to Costco. I'm glad you posted this, cause I checked my fridge and I'm out of hot dogs. Gonna grab a fresh multi-pack.

giphy.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Had some leftover spaghetti and meatballs tonight. Even better the 2nd day. Made some more of the meatballs for subs tomorrow. The Grandma Maroni meatballs are phenomenal.

For some reason, either intentionally or unintentionally, the chef left salt and pepper off the recipe. Add some to the meat mixture for best flavor. Also weigh the bread crumbs, don't measure them. Makes a big difference.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Had some leftover spaghetti and meatballs tonight. Even better the 2nd day. Made some more of the meatballs for subs tomorrow. The Grandma Maroni meatballs are phenomenal.

For some reason, either intentionally or unintentionally, the chef left salt and pepper off the recipe. Add some to the meat mixture for best flavor. Also weigh the bread crumbs, don't measure them. Makes a big difference.

when I make meatballs, I prefer to make them smaller and fry them in some olive oil.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Mystery chicken with mystery rice and veggies mixed in. I call it mystery chicken because my wife just kind of wings it sometimes and 99% of the time the results are delicious. Today isn’t one of that 99% and my stomach is paying for it. I’m not posting pics unless you want to see my feet while I’m hypershitting this stuff out.

• Haha

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Ordered Papa Johns last night, had the worst delivery service with them ever..and I order with them the most often out of these types of pizza places.

Took an hour and 50 minutes to get to me (app said between 79-89 minutes...for a Wednesday evening at 5pm? Ok whatever)

The dude pulled up, and he was a younger kid...looking like the type that would act like a badass MFer on social media...like the ones who in their Facebook Location he would put, "in your bitches bed" or some shit. But he looked like a total pansy. He handed me my 2 boxes and I asked him about the 2L of Pepsi that was included.

He turned around to look back at his car and went, "aww mannnn...I forgot. I gave it to another house." and then just stood there like a deer in headlights like he had no clue how to proceed or even interact with my issue. After like 10 seconds of him shitting his pants, I said nevermind, good night.

Opened the boxes up to eat, pizza was cold. :fu:

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove

Thread Info