Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The bearnaise sauce broke in the microwave but it still tastes good.

VtpEWjn.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Grilled cheese on light rye with a side of bite-sized Tostitos. Washed it down with some lemonade.

I was lazy, it was tasty.
Grilled cheese and a bowl of ramen soup is one of my favorites for dinner. I grew up on that shit and friends wonder how I can still eat it as we ate that so often as kids lol.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If I had the counter space I'd consider Sous Vide. But don't even have the cabinet space to store it. The "redesign" eliminated a few inches of counter top, and the cabinets are full.

So, thaw and cook/grill/bake are my options. Though I suppose if I get rid of the kitchen table I could put in an island on wheels to be able to move it. If it's built on top of cabinets then I'd have the counter space to cook and a place to store it and the accessories needed.. Hmmm.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If I had the counter space I'd consider Sous Vide. But don't even have the cabinet space to store it. The "redesign" eliminated a few inches of counter top, and the cabinets are full.

So, thaw and cook/grill/bake are my options. Though I suppose if I get rid of the kitchen table I could put in an island on wheels to be able to move it. If it's built on top of cabinets then I'd have the counter space to cook and a place to store it and the accessories needed.. Hmmm.

sous vide really doesn't take up that much space.

you 10000% don't need a cutesie clear container or an insulated one for that matter.

i use a big stock pot set right on my stove... i even turn the stove on to get it up to cooking temp quicker if it's not quite there. F it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I like the cutesie clear container because I don't want to have a pot taking up space on my stove if I'm sous vide cooking for a day or longer. I can see that the stove top pot would eliminate the need for a container but my containers nest in each other and the sous vide heater goes inside. I stash it in a closet when I'm not using it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I like the cutesie clear container because I don't want to have a pot taking up space on my stove if I'm sous vide cooking for a day or longer. I can see that the stove top pot would eliminate the need for a container but my containers nest in each other and the sous vide heater goes inside. I stash it in a closet when I'm not using it.

you do know a pot can go on your counter too right? :rofl:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
sous vide really doesn't take up that much space.

you 10000% don't need a cutesie clear container or an insulated one for that matter.

i use a big stock pot set right on my stove... i even turn the stove on to get it up to cooking temp quicker if it's not quite there. F it.
Thats how I roll Sous Vide. Regularly steel pot on the oven burner. fill it with hot water, and I use the burner to bring it up to temperature fast. Then I turn off the burner and let the Sous vide maintain the desired temp.

its especially helpful because the pot is so tall it holds ALOT of water. I think its like 3 or 4 gallons.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
18 quarts compared to your teeny tiny 16 quart stock pot. Plus a lid to keep the heat in. I have done a large brisket in this one. I have a smaller one for smaller foods.

From the Amazon Questions:

Answer:
Has lower thermal conductivity than metal, so heats a little faster and consumes slightly less energy.. Most importantly it is a better shape than round pot, food fits better in the bath, with clear sides you can also keep an eye on the bag so that it stays submerged and easy to tell if you get a leak
By Richard P. on March 5, 2016

Richard P says it all. Cutesie clear container > stock pot

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
A little bit overseared. Still looks good.
Still tasted great.

Sometimes its hard to tell with my electric stove top. It doesn't always produce the a consistent heat level.

I really need to get an IR Gun so I can temp the pan before I put the steak in. That will give me a more consistent sear.

I usually get it pretty darn hot, and then its 30s a side, + some time for the sides.

Thread Info