Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Yum

20210211_211715.jpg

Reactions: Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I had people over and didn't take pictures but I cooked a top sirloin roast sous vide for 28 hours. Web says 21-30 hours and it took 28 for it to get prime rib tender. I made homemade beef stroganoff with homemade creme fraiche instead of sour cream. Made a lot but it's all gone. I finished the dinner with homemade french vanilla and strawberry ice creams and homemade chocolate and caramel sauces. The theme was Chef John, Food Wishes recipes and all of them were spectacular. Probably one of the best meals I have made. It was fun cooking this for family and friends. And I got to use my blowtorch to sear the roast.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Had Sushi Ukai from Glen Ellyn last night. Have to say one of my favorites in the burbs. Rolls are fantastic and we normally go for chef's specials. Highly recommended joint.

They have 3 locations: La Grange, Glen Ellyn and Wheaton
That spot is right by me. I have to say it's one of the best sushi places around for sure.

Reactions: BS ISF

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I did some No Name Steaks on the Traeger last night.
I can't find my grill grates but they still came out awesome. I may need to pick up a new set. 500F until they hit medium. I seasoned them with black pepper and Famous Dave's Burger and Streak Rub. I've never used it before and it was awesome.
Net time I want to do a low and slow then sear on the cast iron at the end.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Went to Pierce Tavern in downtown DG last night and damn impressed. Highly recommend this joint and their sister restaurant Fuller House in Hindsdale.

Had the sweet chili calamari, Filet sliders and Nashville chicken sliders all fantastic!!

Brought home 2 nashville's and truffle/parmesan fries. Fries some of the best i've had in a long time.

Also house infused bourbon drinks were pretty solid for $10 each.

https://www.piercetavern.com/

Reactions: Spivitz

Thread Info